“Fabulous Spot in the North”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saudarkrokur
Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We loved the post office, ideally situated in a small fishing town, the apartment was close to the turf museum and not far from the white water rafting (which was also excellent!). Vicki was a fabulous hostess, leaving us a great breakfast of local ingredients, I really enjoyed the 'sleep' tea and the 'proper' coffee! The apartment was of a very good size and the bed was really comfortable. It's worth taking the hike up the hill behind the town, as the views are wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicki O, Owner at Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I am so happy that you both enjoyed your stay at the old Post House and were able to visit some of the great attractions such as Glaumbaer Turf Farmhouse museum and partake in the one of the many fabulous rafting activities offered in this region. The feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This old post office has been renovated to the highest standards! What a great place! Vicki is very hospitable and the rooms were very clean, modern and had everything. Perfect location right in the center of town!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank cmtreloar
Vicki O, Owner at Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

It was lovely to meet the 3 of you, such happy and enthusiastic guys intent on enjoying all this fabulous country has to offer. I hope you made your flight to Grimsey and the Aussie Flag got to fly in the Arctic Circle. Thanks for taking the time to post a review and I wish you all the best!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Myself, husband and son had the pleasure of Vicki's hospitality near the end of our 2 week Iceland adventure. We only wish we had the opportunity to stay longer! From the wonderful aesthetics, great breakfast essentials (a bowl of fresh fruit, juice, cereal, yogurt and bread all waiting for us), great space and art (as others have mentioned Vicki's own work...wish it was for sale;) - we felt pampered and well taken care of. An awesome stay and an equally awesome host. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey C
Vicki O, Owner at Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your family Tracey, I do hope you get to come back in the winter at some stage and experience the Aurora Borealis. I am new to this role and so its fabulous to get such a positive response. Once I have the studio gallery up and running I will let you know. Thank you and I wish you and your family all the very best.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights in Vicki's wonderful apartment in Saudakrokur.
The tastefully furnished rooms are just to feel good.
Here I especially liked the attention to detail that made ​​us feel very welcome. I would like to mention the wonderful works of art on the walls that - as it turned out - by Vicky herself. I love them a lot.
Vicky has the heart of a loving hostess. The apartment, which was an "upgrade" to a larger one, is flooded with light and - as I like to express myself - let me breathe :-)
Vicki gave us wonderful advices for tours. When we asked for hiking trails, she immediately brought a map for us.
We liked Saudakrokur and its surrounding area very much. We walked a lot and enjoyed the spectacular landscape.
We are glad that we had the opportunity to get to know the area as well as Vicki, her fantastic guesthouse and her art.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicki O, Owner at Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stop over in Saudarkrokur and had the time to really explore the area with your day hike up into the mountain area. I also very much enjoyed our discussion about 'art'. It was lovely meeting you both and many thanks for posting such a wonderful review.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I loved staying at Gamla Posthusid. Vicki was so friendly and accommodating. The apartment was beautiful and very clean and comfortable. The complimentary supply of breakfast foods and little bottle of wine were really sweet touches. The location is a great place to use as a departure point to explore the surrounding areas. We highly recommend this apartment!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad you both enjoyed your stay at Gamla Posthusid and had the time to discover some of the wonderful aspects of Skagafjordur and surrounding districts. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

After a long drive from Keflavik we were met with a warm welcome by Vicki the owner, who even gave us an upgrade. The apartment is tastefully decorated, very bright, with a comfortable bed and a lovely bathroom (huge shower). The kitchen has everything you could possibly need. Vicki had even stocked the fridge with food for breakfast the next day, we even had fresh strawberries. The apartment is a perfect base to explore the region, lots of leaflets had been provided for our perusal and Vicki was more than happy to make recommendations. Siglufjordur is well worth a visit, it's a beautiful place, surrounded by mountains but beware the single lane tunnels. The swimming pool in Hofsos was worth visiting as is the cathedral at Holar. Saudarkrokur itself had a few bars/restaurants, petrol station, supermarket, swimming pool and church and as an aside, from the hill above, one of the most amazing views we have seen.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicki O, Owner at Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

So happy that you both enjoyed your stay here and thank you Chris for taking the time to post a review. It is lovely to see people do a little of what I call "slow tourism" taking the time to explore this lovely country in detail. Wishing you both the very best for the future.
Cheers,
Vicki.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

You won't find a more welcomingly beautiful, clean and light-filled place to stay as the Gamla Posthusid in Saudarkrokur, Iceland. Vicki has thoughtfully provided for your every need, from complimentary breakfast goods & coffee to even a glass of wine with which to relax. The seaside view from the bedroom window, with snow-covered mountains in the distance was stunning. The roomy, tiled bathroom with its large walk-in shower was a great treat as compared to the usual offerings of small, cramped shower stalls. Perfectly situated, we were easily able to walk to several restaurants, the beach and shops from our location. Cost is quite reasonable - I wish we had been staying for a longer time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicki O, Owner at Gamla Posthusid - Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you Terry for taking the time to write such a positive review it is greatly appreciated. Touring can be tiring and I aim for my guests to be pleasantly surprised on arrival and to be able to relax and unwind between their excursions exploring this magical country. It was truly fabulous meeting you both and I hope you do get to return to your beloved Iceland soon!