Apparently the hotel has changed owner. We booked on the same day over the phone and they did not tell us that we were booked in the building nearby, that has nothing of the historical hotel. The room was ok, not sure is worth the price. When you book ask where they put you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tindastoll is the oldest hotel in Iceland, dating back in 1884. The building came in parts from Norway and it was assembled as a storehouse in Hofsos between 1820 and 1829, moved later on to Grafarós in 1833 and finally shipped over the fjord and reassembled at its present location in Sauðárkrókur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Tindastoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tindastoll Hotel Saudarkrokur
- Hotel Tindastoll Iceland/Saudarkrokur