All reviews soup of the day the main road gas station carrot cake great stop salmon room was clean selfoss vik accommodations
Reviewed July 4, 2015

Worst meal in iceland. The burger i ate arrived two minutes after ordering and the "baked potato" was three small wedges that were fridge cold. Wifi did not work. Service was poor and inattentive. And the prices were just ridiculous, the burger is almost 20$ cdn and it the thonnest patty youll see. Whats more, i got very ill with nausea vomitting after eating here. Extremely disappointing.

Date of stay: July 2015
2  Thank Sam B
Reviewed June 27, 2015 via mobile

We stopped off here for a coffee and cake - as usual the prices are fairly high in Iceland however in this case the coffee wasn't that great and the piece of cake was about half the size of a normal slice, so we felt a bit ripped off! There are many better places to stop off at :(

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank MajesticM
Gudlaug Helga I, Manager at Eldsto Art Cafe / Bistro / Pottery / Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2015

Hi Mr. Majestic M - I want to answer this rate you gave us in Eldstó Art Café. I´m selling very good quality coffee from the TE&KAFFE shop in Reykjavík. The price I have is not higher than in their Cafes. The cakes I´m selling are large slices for 990 ISK pr. slice and that is not expensive in Iceland, even less price than in many other Cafes. I'm surprised that you find it in you to to write such criticism. I have put in the prices from the TE&KAFFI shop so you can comparison my prices to theirs. This is a link to my Menu for drinks http://www.eldsto.is/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Eldsto_Drykkir2015.pdf
And this is að link for TE&KAFFI menu for drinks

Reviewed June 1, 2015

We arrived on the ferry from Vestmannaeyjar late in the afternoon, so we wanted to find someplace for lunch on the way to our next destination. We happened upon this place along the ring road and gave it a shot. The food is basic sandwiches, soup, cakes and such, but it was tasty and reasonable priced.They also serve a vegetable pie and lasagna, but we're pretty sure those are microwaved, so stick with the sandwiches and cakes. We didn't have any issues with the service that others have mentioned. Everyone was friendly enough and pleasant. They also have a shop selling their handmade pottery that is very nice.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

Small homely guesthouse, cosy rooms
Fantastic people
Good food

Chris the cook was very good, helpful and made some good omelettes

Strongly recommend

Rooms are a bit compact but very neat and tidy

Excellent

Good location and beautiful village

Very friendly people

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed February 17, 2015

Excellent Coffee shop/tea rooms with plenty to look at while you are enjoying your drinks and snacks. We didn't stay in the Hotel part so can't comment, but the atmosphere and art works in the Cafe area were great. The staff were very efficient and very friendly. Not overpriced for such good quality too.

Date of stay: February 2015