Thorsmork Super Jeep

Book in advance
from
$306.83
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Midgard Adventure
from $306.83
from $306.83
from $321.35
More Info
All reviews super jeep tour base camp warm welcome northern lights rental car lava fields company hike guide landmannalaugar glacier landscape thor wishes kindness lives
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2017

We took 2 tours with this company on back to back days. We had absolutely incredible experiences both days. The first day we went on the surprise tour and our guide, Begga, took us to some amazing places. We took a truck with 40" tires to get to some awesome places not accessible by normal automobiles. We saw the southern coast, waterfalls, and even got to go on a glacier. Begga was very knowledge and as nice a person as I ever met. I would definitely recommend this tour. The second day we went on the Golden Circle tour. The night before there was a great deal of snow and most everyone in our hotel had their tours cancelled. Not Midgard however. We were originally scheduled to have Begga as our guide again, but she was stuck in Reykjavik where the roads were closed. Midgard was super flexible and was able to have another guide, Helga, who was closer, take us. They were even flexible enough to help another group of ladies, whose tour got cancelled, get a last minute tour. Helga was also awesome, as well as incredibly knowledge and nice. We saw some breathtaking scenery, such as Thingvellir national park, Gullfoss waterfall, and the more secluded Faxi waterfall. After she took us to a restaurant/green house that grew their own organic tomatoes and made them into the best tomato soup I've ever eaten. We even visited a dairy farm with an ice cream shop. Overall, both days were unbelievable, once in a lifetime experiences. I would definitely recommend this company to everyone. We will definitely take tours with Midgard again if we are lucky enough to go back to Iceland.

Reviewed February 28, 2017

As a surprise holiday for my husband, we were not disappointed with the Midgard team. Bjorg met with us at our hotel in substantial jeep (which allayed any fears I had!). She was informative and interesting with a great sense of humour.

We went off across some outstanding countryside and learned all about the history of this fascinating island. The whole day was perfect but we really loved the visit to the working farm where they make their own ice creams - so to sit in the warmth (with baby calves in the shed next door seen through glass windows from the cafe) eating waffles, sea-salt ice cream and the most amazing hot chocolate was a real treat. Not to mention the short hike - in the middle nowhere - across a couple of hills towards a shack for a changing room and a fabulous hot spring. Amazing! Oh, and the cheeky little restaurant that served the most delicious langoustine, yum!

Bjorg, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for a wonderful day, not forgetting the moment I was waiting for the geyser to blow, only to miss it through messing with gloves and switching my phone off instead of taking a photo (too excited, I guess) - I got it in the end though :). I still chuckle when I think about it now. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

I booked a week in Iceland as a surprise trip for my wife's birthday and booked three days with Midgard to see volcanoes and other Icelandic iconic scenes.

Our guide, Olafur (Oli) was fantastic, so knowledgable about Iceland, its volcanoes, it's history and folklore. We had lots of laughs and saw lots of great sights, Oli was particularly good at finding the good weather; we had two days when he found us sun and fair weather when it rained all day at our hotel.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend Midgard and in fact we did to others in the hotel we were staying in; they promptly booked for the next day and also had a great time in spite of the wall to wall rain.

This was our first time in Iceland and will definitely be back because of our experience with Midgard and not because of our two days in Reykjavik which we thought was a real anti- climax after the private tours.

Midgard score 11/10 as far as I'm concerned!! ... oh, and my wife was delighted with the trip, especially the tours

1  Thank Julian A
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

We spent an amazing day at the foot of Eyjafjallajokull volcano in a monster jeep with Helga. The weather was typically wet but Helga's knowledge of the area together with monster jeep transportation made sure we got to the base of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. We loved listening to the Sagas told by Helga and her knowledge of 2010 eruption brought everything to life. Stop off atVolcano Huts for lunch and a sighting of an Arctic Fox all added to the experience. We are hoping to return to Iceland again and would love to stay at Midgards new hostel for a real taste of Iceland.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

Oli picked us up at our hotel in a monster jeep called Thor.We had the most amazing day off road, and saw sites that we could never have hoped to see. We spent a lot of time on river beds (dry or flooding - it didn't seem to matter!). We saw glaciers, volcanoes, arctic foxes, the list is almost endless. Oli really knew his stuff from local history to geology, vulcanology to local culture. I can honestly say that of all the trips I've been on, this is the only one that I did not want to end.

1  Thank John B