Thorsmork Super Jeep

Book in advance
from
$306.83
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Midgard Adventure
from $306.83
from $306.83
from $321.35
More Info
All reviews super jeep tour base camp warm welcome northern lights rental car lava fields company hike guide landmannalaugar glacier landscape thor wishes kindness lives
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2017

Booked the private Jokulsarlon/Glacier Lagoon tour with pick up/drop off from Hotel Ranga. Helga our tour guide was very informative on Icelandic history and facts along the 3-4hr drive from Ranga to the glacier and then back again. She would stop off at any points we asked for pictures and answered all of our questions. We took a boxed lunch from the hotel and she stopped at one of the most beautiful ocean vistas with icebergs that I've ever seen. Driving conditions were poor at times but Helga was wonderful and professional. Thank you!

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed November 25, 2016

For my last day in March I had been searching pretty much everywhere for a tour to Þórsmörk. Eventually Trek Iceland recommended Midgard Adventure and they told me there was a good chance that the surprise tour that day could end up going to Þórsmörk.
I booked a rental car to drive to Hvolsvöllur and was lucky enough with the weather, since the road conditions and visibility were good enough to drive without taking a big risk.
We all met up at the new Midgard Adventure office. There was no sign on the building yet, so I was lucky that I met our guide on the way. His plan was initially to take the superjeep all the way to the top of Eyjafjallajökull, but it was rainy and foggy and the visibility got worse the higher we climbed. One of the guests had a panic attack because she lost all sense of orientation due to the reduced visibility and started feeling nauseous.
So we decided to turn around and drove to Þórsmörk instead. I was very happy about the change of plan, since I had really hoped to see my favorite valley again before having to go back home. We saw a beautiful ice cave where the original glacier lagoon used to be, drove past Básar and Langidalur, crossed the mighty Krossá River and had a coffee stop at the Volcano Huts. Then we crossed the Markarfljót River and returned to Hvolsvöllur.
Our guide, the police chief of the South District, took very good care of us and shared lots of information and stories about the surrounding area, the volcanic eruptions and floods over the last years.
It was a great day with a small group.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed November 24, 2016

My husband and I travelled with Midgard Adventure in 2015. I had always meant to write a review and in sharing Iceland advice with a friend, realized I was overdue to review them!

I can't say enough good things about my guide Begga, her professionalism, friendliness and the wonderful day we spent with her. We saw beautiful sights we never would have seen or been able to get to on our own. The day was extremely well organized, we spent the perfect amount of time at each site and the trip was truly tailored to our interests.

We were in a jeep with another couple, as well as a family with young children. This made us apprehensive that it might curb our adventure but it didn't at all. At each site, the group got to go on a hike or walk and Begga provided the family with some alternate activities they could accomplish.

All in all a perfect day. Thank you Midgard!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed November 22, 2016

My husband and I enjoyed a marvelous day touring with Bergun (Bekka). Our day included hiking to stunning waterfalls and vistas while Bekka navigated the waterways skillfully, delighting us with stories. We were impressed by both the beauty of the land and our guide's knowledge and 100% engagement in making our day terrific.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank stoddardphillips
Reviewed November 11, 2016

We had a great day with Midgard adventure's Thoren who drove us to Þórsmörk in a Superjeep with a stop at the Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Midgard is a very sympathetic company based in the south of Iceland. We started the day with coffee and a chat at the office after which we drove to the waterfalls. On the way our guide offered us a lot of information about the region (where he also grew up). Beyond the waterfalls the road turns into one our rental vehicle would not have appreciated and soon we started crossing streams.
Our second stop was at the Gígjökull glacier, where we had to walk and cross a river in order to touch it. It was so scenic there was a couple taking wedding photos at this spot.For lunch we continued through even wilder rivers to the Volcano huts for home-made soup.
The highlight of the day was definitely the after-lunch walk up to Valahnukur from which we had the most amazing 360 view of the glacier and rivers.
We hesitated before booking the tour, as like everything Iceland, it was not cheap. But it was definitely worth it!

Date of experience: November 2016