“Fantastic day”
Review of Midgard Adventure

Midgard Adventure
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Hvolsvollur
More attraction details
Owner description: South Iceland Adventure is now Midgard Adventure - same team, same family feel and same passion for Iceland. Midgard Adventure former South Iceland Adventure is a highly regarded, award winning Tour Operator and Travel Agency, authorised by the Icelandic Tourist Board, and focuses on year-round, individual, small/large group and tailored tours to both popular and well-off-the-beaten track locations. Often travelling in specially adapted super jeeps, Midgard Adventure aspires to introduce our clients to not only the glorious sights of Iceland's very varied and most wonderful, unspoilt nature but also to the more intangible and magical emotions and feelings that emanate from being immersed in Iceland's nature. Our professional guides ensure not only safe and exciting passage but also impart many stories, factual and mythical, to enhance the tour experience and to deepen the wonders that Iceland evokes. Our website fully describes all of our many tour offerings, active and passive.
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic day”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wanted to plan something special to do with my niece, age 17, and arranged for a private day trip to Porsmork with South Iceland Adventure. Our guide was Jon Gisli Hardarson who made sure we had a fantastic day. We hiked up to a beautiful viewpoint, crossed rivers, visited waterfalls, caves and a glacier, and got a bit of a feel for the history of the places we visited- all in one day. He was the perfect guide, not only incredibly thoughtful, helpful and capable, but also very nice- going out of his way to make sure my niece and I had a good time. I don't usually use tour companies, but am convinced that this is the way to see Iceland. We got so much more out of our trip than we ever would have on our own and had access to places we could not have gotten to and would never have known about. I highly recommend South Iceland Adventure.
Elisabeth from Denver

Visited July 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Started out as our tour guides, ended up becoming like family!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you plan on visiting Iceland, South Iceland Adventure is definitely your best option! It is a tour company run by a group of normal Icelanders who are very proud of Iceland and love to show off all its majesty and wonder. Siggi and Addi are in charge of the company and not only are they hilarious and extremely knowledgeable, but they are the first people called if there is some sort of emergency in Iceland so you are literally in Iceland's most trusted and capable hands. Apart from that you get to ride in their massive super jeeps. You'll be going straight through rivers in these monsters which is quite the thrill ride! We also had the opportunity to meet their families as well as the other tour guides that work with them and by the end of the ten days we were like one giant happy family. They really are some of the nicest and happiest people I have ever met. They even took us to some not so well known places that most tourists don't get to see. If you want your Iceland adventure to be unforgettable, than South Iceland Adventure is the only tour company you should even consider!

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The ONLY company to use for southern Iceland”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

South Iceland Adventure is the ONLY tour company you should be using when you come to Iceland. No corporations here, just a family & friends run business full of experts. Sigi, Addi, and their families are experts on the area and know everything there is to know. They are the most friendly people I have ever worked with, and they are so flexible to your needs and desires. I spent ten days on an excursion with them, and worked with almost every member of their team over that time. Each and every one of them was knowledgeable, friendly, and made me feel 100% comfortable and safe. They know the touristy spots, but also some hidden gems only the locals know about. When I come back to Iceland, they will be the only people I want to call. You will feel the same way after spending many days or just several hours with them. and whenever Sigi, Addi, Meme, Hildur, Jon, Bjork, or any of the other members of the gang come to the US, they have a hot meal and a free place to stay waiting for them!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Amazing Iceland Experience with Incredible Guides”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was one of a group of 15 college-age students visiting Iceland for 10 days. South Iceland Adventure tour guides led us for every day of the trip, and I couldn't be happier with my experience. From snorkeling between tectonic plates, to hiking lava caves, glaciers, caverns, and everything else under the Icelandic sun (24 hours of sun at the time), I always felt safe. They are incredibly experienced and caring, and on top of that, very personable and fun. They had us laughing the entire time, and they still keep in touch with us. I believe that my Iceland experience would not have been as amazing had we toured with a different company. South Iceland Adventure is definitely the way to go!

Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
“Fabulous Company, Great Tour”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We did a one-day custom tour, arranged at the last minute, with Stetuik, and couldn't be happier. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and easy-going, the 'super jeep' (a seriously modified Ford Excursion w/ 42" Tires) allowed us to get to places we couldn't possibly have gotten on our own, and we had a great time. Like everything in Iceland, they aren't cheap, but I'd say well worth it