My partner & I enjoyed our 2 days here, prior to departure back home. The "Clinic" is in fact a very peaceful, zen, clean hotel with very private hot pools. Unfortunately, unless you're there for the real "skin treatment" programs, you are limited to 2 hours morning, 2 hours evening in the clinic's hot pools. (Yes, limited even if you're a paying guest staying at the clinic.) It would have been nice to have the possibility to spend more flexible time floating in the quiet, hot pools.
Your stay here does permit you to visit the "spa" about a 10 minute walk away, but that is SUCH a noisy, busy, un-relaxing place - loaded with people. We much preferred the peace and exclusivity of our "clinic."
At reception, Frances -- the So. African lady who has been in Iceland for years & years -- was a real delight, very friendly and fun. She was probably our favorite part of our stay in the clinic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik