1,199 results
All reviews private lagoon main lagoon lava restaurant lava fields silica mud free entry blue lagoon hotel guests minute walk northern lights premium pass hotel pool much quieter last night locker room relaxing experience geothermal pool
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Breathtaking! We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in January and it would have to be the most beautiful hotel i have ever stayed at! The hotel was so peaceful, the staff were very friendly, and the rooms were beautiful. there are huge windows in the rooms which lead out to a verandah overlooking the moss and water.The pool was the most amazing pool i have ever been in!! it was so windy, dark, wet, cold and wild outside and we decided to go for a swim and we were the only ones in there, the water was so warm and your feet squish into the silica mud. it was like having a steaming hot bath outside. The pool at this hotel is BETTER than the actual blue lagoon!! I can't wait to go back to this hotel!!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine-L-85
BlueLagoonIceland, Manager at Silica Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Dear Catherine-L-85,

We at Silica Hotel would like to thank you for your kind words.
We are truly grateful for your encouragement, guidance, and wisdom and we will continue to do our best!

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I had my meniscus damaged a year and half ago. For months walking with a cane. I was considering operation. But slowly got better, yet always pain there. Before the trip in April still hurting, night time waking up in pain. We spent a day and half at Silica hotel, lake i sright there, went into the lagoon about 3 times for an hour. From that day on, almost a month ago now my knee pain is GONE. Like never was, I can walk much as I want, kneel down taking out weeds. I cannot believe myself, but no more pain. Not only that my sister in law had psoriasis for 40 year, I bought a cream there at Blue lagoon store and in 2 days it is healed on her fingers, an a week hardly see sign ever was. It was an expensive trip, worth every penny.

1  Thank stevepencz

Dear Stevepencz,

Thank you once again for sharing a nice review.
We are truly happy for your fulfilled experience and result.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I spent one night here last week and could have stayed forever. The most relaxing hotel I have ever stayed at. I was in Room 10 looking out towards the Blue Lagoon. The view was spectacular. It was nice enough to sit outside on the bench with your room door open and enjoy the fresh air and scenery. With your room you get Premium access to the very public Blue Lagoon. Go ahead and make the 10 minute walk over there and get it over with. Get your free drink and Silica facial and then get back to the hotel and use the private lagoon at the hotel. It is the most relaxing experience I have ever had. I was one of four people in the lagoon. I found a bench and fell asleep. It was amazing. Fortunately they staff comes by with water every so often as you need to stay hydrated while in the water.
I had the best nights sleep although it would be nice to have blackout curtains. I woke up several times thinking it was morning when in fact it was only 2am.
The breakfast in the morning was very well done. Lots to choose from.

I loved this place although I think it is a little on the spendy side. Which is the case for all of Iceland.

Room tip: All rooms are god
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
BlueLagoonIceland, Manager at Silica Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Dear Ccrreese,

Thank you! We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Silica.
Your praise really means a lot to us and we will continue to do our best.
Have a great day.

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Clean, modern facility arising from the harsh yet intriguing landscape of the Reykjanes Peninsula. Easy access from the airport and the city, just north of Grindavik. While the adjacent neighbor is a mass of humanity and chaos, this is truly the private pool of the geothermal blue silica water. From that perspective alone, amazing.

However, the rank is minus a level due to two inconveniences: the lack of on site food options outside the nice breakfast spread, and the fact that literally my shoes and robes were carried away by other visitors and/or staff from the locker facility/hanging area on more than one occasion (seriously!) - in what is an upscale, luxury hotel, this lack of security or curtesy seems unacceptable.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Shannon S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your experience.
We value every constructive comment that we receive and we will to our best to improve.
We apologize for the inconvenience occurred.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Expensive / v expensive - but def worth it!!!!

Highly recommend - especially for the food, the chilled atmosphere, the friendly staff and of course the blue lagoon - getting premium passes as part of stay for blue lagoon - v good

Trip type: Traveled with family
BlueLagoonIceland, Manager at Silica Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Dear PaulAfrench1410,

Thank you so much! We really appreciate your kind review.
Your words are inspirational for the entire Blue Lagoon Team.