We stayed here our first night in Iceland - and we weren't disappointed. From the incredibly friendly staff to the very comfortable room (with geothermally heated bathroom floor!), we loved it here. It was spotlessly clean, well designed and well appointed.
I liked that they had a lagoon available exclusively for hotel guests - even if we didn't use it. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, and included. It was lovely to get delicious and healthy choices like skyr, fresh fruit and veg, smoked fish, and lots of cheese, meats and freshly baked bread. All unlimited - if you have a big appetite! The hotel isn't inexpensive, but with free entry (with towel and robe included) into the Blue Lagoon during your entire stay, it's well worth it. I'd stay here again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik