Stayed here one night-- the first night arriving in Iceland. It really exceeded my expectations. Each room has floor to ceiling windows and a private deck overlooking a lava field. If you stay here, you have access to a private lagoon. Although there is something to be said for both the main, large lagoon as well as the clinic's private lagoon, the private one is much more serene. As for the clinic/hotel itself, yes, the rooms are basic and minimalist. But for me, this added positively to the atmosphere, as the focus was on the beautiful natural surroundings that the blue lagoon clinic is built within.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik