Since I went all the way to Blue Lagoon in Iceland, I thought that I should definitely stay the night.
I regretted my decision, because there was nothing special about it.
It is actually a clinic that sees mostly patients with skin concerns who seeks treatment for maybe a week or two.
So everything was very straightforward and the place was extremely quiet.
The receptionist was nice and always ready to assist with questions.
Of course being at Blue Lagoon, you should not be doing anything else apart from soaking in the geothermal waters. But that closes at night.
If you are a huge fan of the geothermal spa, then staying at the clinic may be an option because you will have access to a private spa area, only for guests. But I realize that if you pay more, you can also have access to it.
Blue Lagoon is a great experience for any traveler and you will find that having a soak in the geothermal spa of Iceland, nothing else really matters. You can truly relax and have absolutely nothing on your mind.
I do not think it is necessary to stay at the clinic though, because it is basic accommodation, clean beds and low lighting. As mentioned, best for patients to rest on recovery.
There is a little cafe serving some sandwiches and light beverages as well, but no room service.
Breakfast spread was very healthy and organic, once again, possibly for patients.
Skip staying at the clinic if you visit Blue Lagoon. Just start out early and leave before they close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik