There are some hotels that stay with you.
We stayed here May of 2009 (I know, I did not have a TripAdvisor account before 2009) for my husbands 50th birthday. The staff was very sweet and warm. They even had a basket of fruit and wine waiting for us. The hotel was undergoing some upgrades (hot tubs and such) but we didn't notice
The rooms were rustic. But oh my goodness how wonderful. The food was amazing! Probably the best food we had in Iceland. Breakfast was hearty too. This hotel while in the middle of nowhere was also apparently within view of the volcanic eruption that occurred in 2010.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Light Inn & Max’s Restaurant – 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon – is a unique place to stay and discover Iceland. The hotel is 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport-KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and about 6 from New York. We offer an exclusive Airport Taxi service with the lowest prices, and free scheduled shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. The Northern Light Inn Wellness Spa with Aurora Float & Fitness Center is open from 9 to 9. The Fitness Center is free for all guests while the Spa is complimentary with Deluxe Rooms and a modest fee for others. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and you can make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day in the living room. Max's restaurant serves ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. Vegetarian options are always available. 42 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik