We spent our last night in Iceland here and it was a surprising pleasure. The hotel is next to the Blue Lagoon and only 20 mins from the airport so I was expecting something basic but this was a delight. The hotel itself had various lounges with games, chess etc. Free coffee and tea and An honesty bar with large comfy sofas. The staff were friendly and helpful. They were aware of my nut allergy and asked if it was ok to serve muesli at breakfast for the other guests. They provided breakfast for us at 4.45 am which was great as we had an early flight. They also woke us as requested twice in the night to see the Northern Lights. It was a short night! They had special towels for guests to take to the Blue Lagoon which meant we did nt have to pack wet towels. We had enjoyed dinner which was served by friendly staff, the explained the schnapps and tried to persuade us to have a traditional Icelandic licorice but managed a (Black Death)Brennivin instead. We had a lovely last night in Iceland in what was a surprising nice hotel in a very convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Light Inn & Max’s Restaurant – 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon – is a unique place to stay and discover Iceland. The hotel is 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport-KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and about 6 from New York. We offer an exclusive Airport Taxi service with the lowest prices, and free scheduled shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. The Northern Light Inn Wellness Spa with Aurora Float & Fitness Center is open from 9 to 9. The Fitness Center is free for all guests while the Spa is complimentary with Deluxe Rooms and a modest fee for others. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and you can make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day in the living room. Max's restaurant serves ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. Vegetarian options are always available. 42 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik