My expectations for this hotel were far exceeded by the excellent service, spacious rooms and incredible food that we had while we stayed. The rooms were huge and immaculate, the honesty bar and group areas that you could relax in during the evening ensured a great trip. We were a group of 10 coming in on different flights and meeting up at different points and the hotel was able to ensure seamless transfers from the airport/hotel/blue lagoon without a problem and went out of their way to ensure that we had an excellent trip. We had lunch at the hotel and with very short turn around before our flight and not only did they serve the food exactly to the time they promised, it was superb - I'm not sure cod anywhere else will be able to live up to the breaded fish they served here! The landscape is stunning and having the power plant in the back ground doesn't detract from the scenery. It adds a little James Bond flavour to the whole stay!
I can not recommend this place high enough. We had a great trip in large part down to the hotel here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Light Inn - just 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon - is a wonderful place to see the Aurora Borealis, discover Iceland, and enjoy your getaway vacation. 32 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. Delicious foods from the fjords and fields of Iceland are served in Max's restaurant: ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and home made cookies are always available in the lobby for guests, and make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day. We offer free scheduled International Airport transfers from 06:00 (05:00 from the hotel) until 21:00, and complimentary regular shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. The Northern Light inn and Max's Restaurant are 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and less than 6 from New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik