My husband & I stayed here for one night in December 2012. The property is not fancy, but the room was very clean & functional. There are a few cozy spots in the common areas to have a drink and relax. The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the Blue Lagoon, as well as to the airport. Breakfast was included in the room rate, so I thought this property was a great value. We had dinner in the restaurant, and the food was fresh and tasty.
The best part? Max - adorable & full of personality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Light Inn - just 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon - is a wonderful place to see the Aurora Borealis, discover Iceland, and enjoy your getaway vacation. 32 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. Delicious foods from the fjords and fields of Iceland are served in Max's restaurant: ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and home made cookies are always available in the lobby for guests, and make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day. We offer free scheduled International Airport transfers from 06:00 (05:00 from the hotel) until 21:00, and complimentary regular shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. The Northern Light inn and Max's Restaurant are 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and less than 6 from New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik