We stayed here (March 2013) on both our first and last night in Iceland and cannot fault it at all! A lovely lady called Ella took us to and from the airport both times which was a great service to offer. She was such a nice friendly lady who couldn't do enough to help. On both of our stays we had lovely big spacious rooms with very high ceilings. The hotel itself is very peaceful, cosy and relaxing with a lounge, a log fire and an honesty bar. The observatory tower is a great idea... you could sit there and wait for the Northern Lights to appear before heading outside into the cold. We were very lucky to see the lights every night during our stay.
The location of the hotel is also good, although it is in the middle of nowhere, it is close to the airport and next to the Blue Lagoon which was fantastic.
The only one small criticism we had was breakfast. The breakfast room is lovely, light and spacious but the selection was quite limited. Maybe a bit more variety e.g; more cereals and fruit would be a good idea.
All in all, a really lovely hotel with friendly staff and it felt very homely. We were very sad to leave and return to the UK. We were also very sad to hear that lovely Max (the hotel's dog) had passed away during our stay, he will be missed by lots of people!
Would definately recommend this hotel without a doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- =Northern Light Inn & Max’s Restaurant – 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon – is a unique place to stay and discover Iceland. The hotel is 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport-KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and about 6 from New York. We offer an exclusive Airport Taxi service with the lowest prices. The Northern Light Inn Wellness Spa with Aurora Float & Fitness Center is open from 9 to 9. The Fitness Center is free for all guests while the Spa is complimentary with Deluxe Rooms and a modest fee for others. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and you can make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day in the living room. Max's restaurant serves ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. Vegetarian options are always available. 42 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik