I stayed at the Northern Light Inn in October 2012 for 4 nights. The rooms are comfortable, clean, spacious and warm. The food is very good (but extremely expensive, as in the rest of Iceland). Breakfast offers smoked salmon, scrambled egg, a choice of 3 cereals, very good coffee, fruit juices and cheese and a selection of breads. And yogurt. I had the best roast lamb I ever had for one of the dinners. Staff are friendly and helpful and speak good English.
The hotel is in the middle of a lava field - all bare rocks - and looks out onto a geothermal power station (very quiet, no smells). It looks a bit industrial from the outside but is really nice and smart inside.
It's about 20 minutes drive from Keflavik airport.
I didn't see the Northern Lights, but still had a great holiday.
The hotel is a few minutes drive from the Blue Lagoon, an outdoor geothermal spa. It's fabulous! Pricey, but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Light Inn & Max’s Restaurant, just 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon, is a unique place to stay, enjoy a delicious meal, see the Aurora Borealis (conditions permitting) and discover Iceland. It's 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport-KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and about 6 from New York. We offer an exclusive Airport Taxi service with the lowest prices, and free scheduled shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and you can make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day in the living room. Max's restaurant serves ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. Vegetarian options are always available too. 42 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik