“count your change and check the prices”
Review of Blue Lagoon

$186.11*
Reykjavik Sightseeing Tour plus Blue Lagoon Spa from Reykjavik
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Grindavik
More attraction details
Owner description: This geothermal lagoon has a comfortable temperature averaging 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40C) with mineral-rich waters rumored to have curative powers.
vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“count your change and check the prices”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Yes we loved the lagoon and loved Iceland.
We are both seniors and asked for the discount.
After we were inside for a bit we realized that we had paid $120 US for 2 of to get in.
We went back to the desk and they agreed to discuss the situation when we exited.
Yes, they had "overcharged" us and gave us about $28, back, this was after quite sometime and the original person who had checked us in had vanished.
If you can take your own towels and your own robes from your Hotel it would be worth it as the blue lagoon charges for everything. If you are a senior make sure you get the discount double check the charges at the desk, and count your change It is too bad that such a nice place does not appear to be honest when it comes to discounts. I did write to them twice asking them to clarify the charges to which I never received a reply.

1 Thank yarab

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Beyond Fantastic”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I visited and stayed at the Blue Lagoon and the Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel this month with my Girlfriend who became my Fiance at the Blue Lagoon. I spent 2 months planning with the staff how I would be proposing to my girlfriend there, and they could not have been more helpful in the build up, and also whilst at the venue. In fact they exceeded my expectations by setting up a dining area for us in a private lounge with romantic candle light and free drinks and desert to accompany our meal that we had ordered in the exclusive lounge area.

Inga and the team at the blue lagoon made our stay potentially th best luxury we have ever experienced, and the Massages that we received in the water were very unique, soothing and worked a treat. The pools are amazing, and have a certain mystical feel about them both during the day and night. With the steam of the pool floating in the air, and everybody around you so excited and happy to be there.

The food from the Restaurant, and also the Bar Cafe was nice, and although not cheap, was nothing that you would not spend for less quality food in London.

I would recommend anybody planning to buy the Blue Lagoon moisturisers and other product wait to buy it from the Blue Lagoon shop in the airport when you leave, as this product is Duty free.

Thank you to everybody who works there, and I hope everybody ensures that at some point they experience the wonder of this location. The negative feedback left on the 10th of December which was Coincidently our first day at the blue lagoon, clearly came from somebody who has a strange grip on reality.

The Blue Lagoon will always be in our hearts.

Tucson, Arizona
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Experiencing the Blue Lagoon”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I was in Iceland in October this year. My initial travel was planned with two attractions in mind: The Northern Lights (Aurora) and the Blue Lagoon. I succeeded in visiting only one and then many others, but not the Northern Lights. The season was not right, so I was told. The Blue Lagoon, known in Icelandic as "Bláa Lónið", is a geothermal spa, one of the most visited attractions of Iceland. The steamy, blue waters are part of a lava formation from thousands of years back. The spa is located in a lava field in Grindavík on the Reykjanes Peninsula, southwestern Iceland. It took us a good 30 minutes to drive from Reykjavik to the Lagoon.

The Blue Lagoon is fed by the water output from a nearby geothermal power plant. The rather hot, well heated water is vented from the ground near a lava flow and used to run turbines that generate electricity. After going through the turbines, the steam and hot water passes through a heat exchanger to provide heat for a municipal hot water heating system. The warm waters are rich in minerals like silica and sulfur and bathing in the Blue Lagoon is reputed to help some people suffering from skin diseases such as psoriasis. We did use some of the white mineral to have a facial workout, fortunately for me there were about 5 Travbuddies with underwater cameras, so I have evidence of me looking like an alien from outer space. It was quite an experience to remember and cherish.

With the wind picking up by the minute, it was incredibly cold as we dashed through the heavy doors from the cafe area into the pool waters. Relief comes over you once the warm waters cover your body, the blue color of the water is so attractive. Initially I thought the water was free flowing like in a lake, but it is controlled in an enclave of sorts. The surround management building and plant create an enclosure around the waters, but not a good shield against the chilling winds blowing over.

The entrance fee is Isk 1400,- for Adults (approximately 16 euros) but you can stay as long as you like. The showers have shower gel and conditioner provided and you should definitely use the conditioner to protect your hair from the water. All in all it is money well spent if you happen to be in Iceland. Iceland in general is an expensive country, so make sure you have planned your trip, otherwise you will not enjoy it as much.
Highly recommended for families, friends, single travelers and all.

Toronto, Canada
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I've been to the Blue Lagoon twice, both times I visited right before I was getting on the plane to return home....what a great way to end a vacation. I really don't understand the reviews that are saying the water is not blue....maybe they're colour blind? The outside of the lagoon is surrounded by beautiful blue pools that wind through black volcanic rocks. The lagoon itself is lighter in colour, more of a milky blue/grey because of the silica mud. I found it very relaxing, and the facials with the mud around the pool were spectacular.

Manchester, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Blue Lagoon Iceland - surreal in Winter”
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This trip fulfils all expectations and must be done in Winter, when it is well below freezing and yet you are floating dreamily upon hot turquoise water!
Water/air temperature differential is so great it creates lovely steam, so giving a wonderful surreal atmosphere with disembodied heads appearing out of nowhere!
Truly relaxing - superb,