Tripadvisor

Blue Lagoon
14 Reviews
from $117.96
17,958 results
All reviews changing rooms flip flops swim up bar lava restaurant warm water comfort package face mask tourist trap in advance locker room basic package bring your own silica mud time slot pre book long hair on arrival
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We got the blue lagoon transfer from the airport at 1pm as our slot was 2pm, I would advise to leave yourself a little time after planned landing time as if you miss your slot at the blue lagoon it may not be transferrable particularly peak season.
The shuttle driver was amazing during the harsh blizzard conditions and got us to the blue lagoon safely.
We had the comfort package and did not feel we needed slippers and robes which came with the upgrade.
Female communal changing room had shower gel and conditioner provided as well as cotton pads to remove makeup if you wanted. Advised to leave in conditioner in long hair, I did this as well as putting it in a bun and was fine.
Once in the blue lagoon it was a beautiful surreal experience. The colour was amazing. Initially we went without phones but toward the end brought them out to take pictures. There are waterproof cases on sale but very pricey.
Complimentary mud mask and drink was lovely and a water fountain under a bridge for fresh water to drink.
Would advise giving yourself longer than usual to get out to wash hair etc before catching next transfer to Reykjavik. The blue lagoon coach takes you to the bus terminal which is a little way out (definitely not walkable in the harsh winter conditions experienced). There was some confusion over which smaller van was taking which passengers (make sure you know your stop number). But was resolved with no problem.
Definitely recommend the blue lagoon on a trip to Iceland, amazing experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went with a 6 and 3 year old and we all loved it. We had the middle package so got face masks included. I thought my children might have got a bit board but they loved how warm the water was and even had some face mask on. I would say the changing rooms need to be bigger, but I wasn't expected to get naked if I didn't want too!!!

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank rebmo90
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Was a bit wary at first because it is very expensive
However thoroughly enjoyed myself
Super clean and modern well maintained
Spent three hours in the baths
Was amazing
Super clean
Super relaxing
Score

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This place is crowded, loud and filthy. First you get to a very small, caotic and crowded changing area. Then you enter the pool filled with people taking selfies and making videos with selfie sticks. Bar wasn't any better. There were garbage and food on the floor. Relaxing room is of course not relaxing at all.

We were looking forward to steaming rooms and sauna but they were disgusting. Wet people sitting on wooden benches which never get cleaned. The only thing you can get there is fungal infection.

4  Thank _pelap2014
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Best afternoon I’ve ever had, 4 hours in the water left me feeling awesome. Must do when In Iceland!