“A must do”

$274.74*
Viking Horse-Riding Tour and Blue Lagoon Including Admission Fee
$190.86*
and up
City Sightseeing Tour by Minibus and Blue Lagoon Including Admission with...
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Grindavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in 2012 as one of National Geographic's “25 Wonders of the World," Blue Lagoon has evolved from its infancy as a reservoir of geothermal runoff into a world of geothermal wonder. The unique properties of its waters provide not only an enchanting lagoon experience, but also the patented, active ingredients in Blue Lagoon skin care: silica, algae, and minerals. Blue Lagoon is located in a sprawling, 800­ year ­old lava field in the heart of the Reykjanes Peninsula – a UNESCO Geopark. Just 20 minutes from Keflavík International Airport and 50 minutes from Reykjavík, Blue Lagoon is simultaneously remote and easily accessible.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Going to the Blue Lagoon is a must when in Iceland, so we rented a car and drove from Reykjavik (very easy drive). It was around £35 for admission with towel hire, but you can reduce the cost by bringing your own towel.

The day we went it was below freezing and extremely windy which slightly ruined the experience for us. The changing rooms were clean, lockers were big, and it took us about 15 minutes to build up the courage to run outside in our swim wear and jump into the lagoon! When we did eventually get in it was lovely and warm and we had a nice paddle around. Because the wind was so strong, in the areas of the lagoon without shelter there were waves and water blowing into your face (not a problem for most but I was wearing contact lenses and the water blew into my eye and clouded my lense so I had to get out to wash it). There is silica available to put on your face as well.

The worst part was getting out from the warm lagoon, soaking wet in the strong icy winds! Only after getting out did we realise that indoors there is a small children's pool, and if you get in there then there is a door that you can swim through which links to outside... I wish someone had told us that because we'd have stayed a lot longer!

All in all, quite expensive for what it is, but definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank Nixxypies
There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Iceland

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Blue Lagoon is one of those places you have to visit before you die, We got there in a cold snowy day of December and let me tell you that is possibly the best weather to be there, the snow falling on you while you enjoy the therapeutic and hot water of the lagoon is just "EPIC" we had a blast while we were there.

The facilities are modern and clean, it is definitely worth every penny you pay to get there. Your best option is to book the a round trip from your hotel that will include the entrance fee to the lagoon.

2  Thank Abel M
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Blue Lagoon is such a beautiful place, I don't think a trip to Iceland would be complete without a trip here. Ok, so it is quite expensive to get in, but, for a one off trip, it is well worth the money. All the facilities are really clean and modern, with good changing rooms and shower areas. he lagoon itself is so nice and warm, it is really large, so lots of space even when busy. Also, as it is created by the run off water from the local hydro electric plant next door, the water (although it may not look it) is really clean as it is constantly being refreshed.

1  Thank Ed C
Reviewed January 29, 2013

There is no place like Iceland's Bláa lónið. It is the first place we go whenever we are in Iceland. After a day at the spa you feel better then ever. Simply amazing.

1  Thank Vlad-Marian
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was on my bucket list of things to do, and I went to Iceland on a Discover the World tour for a long weekend, taking in the Golden Circle and staying at the glorious Hotel Ranga (great for Aurora Borealis watching/spotting) and the Northern Lights Inn, which is handy for the Blue Lagoon.
The Blue Lagoon itself is fantastic, I'm unsure of the cost to get in as this was included in our tour. We only stayed there 2 hours which on this occasion was fine as the weather was freezing and very very windy in January, but the laggon was warm, clean and relaxing. Thankfully due to the time of year it wasn't too busy either. I would love to go back and spend a whole day there and properly chill, as there are restaurants/cafe and Spa treatments. Hopefully one day I will defo return. I think to hire a towel and gown it cost about £12, so if you want to cut the cost down bring your own.