“A once in a lifetime experience swimming in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland!”
Review of Blue Lagoon

$186.27*
Reykjavik Sightseeing Tour plus Blue Lagoon Spa from Reykjavik
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Grindavik
More attraction details
Owner description: This geothermal lagoon has a comfortable temperature averaging 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40C) with mineral-rich waters rumored to have curative powers.
San Diego, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A once in a lifetime experience swimming in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland!”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Taking a dip in the Blue Lagoon was a once in a life time experience not to be missed for any reason, cold nor rain. The facility is so beautifully run and welcoming. The locker rooms are very clean and you can lock up your belongings using their state-of-the-art electronic system. They have a great swim up bar to add to the experience. If you are planning a trip to Iceland or a port stop by cruise ship, check out their live web cam before you go. http://www.inspiredbyiceland.com/icelandlive/#blaa-lonid We waved to our family back home in the USA after coordinating with them the time we would be there.

Visited September 2011

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Unpleasant”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We went to the Blue Lagoon at the end of our week in Iceland (second-to-last day). What a waste! All over Iceland you can go to community pools with wonderful hot-pots, wading pools, water slides, showers, etc... you're surrounded by Icelanders having quiet fun. The Blue Lagoon is nothing like that. It is filled with loud tourists. I wouldn't go back. We left after about 15 minutes.

I admit it is an interesting place, and I'm glad I went once... but I am *very* glad I didn't make it the centerpiece of my visit. Drop in just to say you did it, but don't expect to like it. We didn't.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank FortyNineCountries
Provincetown, Massachusetts
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“A perfect way to begin or end your visit to iceland, if you have the $$$.”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We visit The Blue Lagoon every time we visit Iceland, usually on our way back to the airport before our return trip. The experience never ceases to amaze me. Relaxing in a large outdoor 'pond' of naturally heated water from a nearby geothermal plant is a perfect ending to a perfect week in Iceland. The atmosphere is 'otherworldly' and the feeling of total relaxation while floating around the pool is indescribable. The Blue Lagoon is very professionally run, has spa facilities as well as a cafeteria and, of course, a tourist shop. This perfect ending however, does not come cheap, costing about $47.00US per person for entrance and a towel rental. Bringing your own towel and own bathing suit is recommended. In spite of the cost, The Blue Lagoon is a 'must' for anyone wanting a relaxing afternoon in a lunar atmosphere.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Irish_Harry
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Such a fun experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Blue Lagoon is so beautiful... truly breathtaking. Stop by to take pictures outside before you enter the lagoon. The lagoon can be crowded, but once you are in the water you can find your own spot to enjoy the scenery. I took a chance and brought my camera with me. Although I had to hold one hand out of the water the whole time, it was worth it and I got some great shots. Also, I experienced a little bit of culture shock while I was in a European locker room for the first time, but the facilities are clean and nice for freshening up after your time in the lagoon. PS: it is cheaper to do a package that includes transportation AND admission, than to just arrange for transportation and pay the admission costs at the front desk.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Sam L
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Overall not worth it”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

It's blue water it's warm but it's expensive and not natural. Too bad that Iceland promotes this tourist trap.

2 Thank Teleman123