“Seriously Relaxing and Rejuventating Experience”

Blue Lagoon Iceland
Book In Advance
$122.28*
Blue Lagoon Spa Including Admission and Roundtrip Transport from Reykjavik
$251.75*
Viking Horse-Riding Tour and Blue Lagoon Including Admission Fee
$175.03*
and up
City Sightseeing Tour by Minibus and Blue Lagoon Including Admission with...
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Grindavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in 2012 as one of National Geographic's “25 Wonders of the World," Blue Lagoon has evolved from its infancy as a reservoir of geothermal runoff into a world of geothermal wonder. The unique properties of its waters provide not only an enchanting lagoon experience, but also the patented, active ingredients in Blue Lagoon skin care: silica, algae, and minerals. Blue Lagoon is located in a sprawling, 800­ year ­old lava field in the heart of the Reykjanes Peninsula – a UNESCO Geopark. Just 20 minutes from Keflavík International Airport and 50 minutes from Reykjavík, Blue Lagoon is simultaneously remote and easily accessible.
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Plan your visit to Iceland, and don't miss this! A 2-hour visit isn't really long enough. Enjoy the exfoliating salt (free), consider a volcanic scrub and algae mask for only 900 ISK. Soak away the time whatever the weather, you will feel very relaxed upon emerging. This is not a cheap visit, be prepared to pay to enter, rent towel/robe (lockers for your stuff are free), have lunch (water is free) - but it is an easily arranged visit. Use Reykjavik Excursions on the way in/back to the Keflavik Airport since you have to go there anyway. They have secure and free luggage storage. All in all, it's a great system.

3  Thank Ellen G

Reviewed May 22, 2011

After almost two delightful weeks in Europe, we stopped here for a few hours on our way to the airport. Very relaxing and therapeautic. Any visit to Iceland MUST include a stop here!

1  Thank dnumme
Reviewed May 16, 2011

The Blue Lagoon Spa is an amazing place. The actual hot springs are incredible, and the way they have everything set up is quite organized. There are a lot of steps and details to get straight, and the staff is not great about explaining to you. Just remember that the clinic is totally separate from the spa, even though they´re on the same property. You get a blue breacelt when you go into the spa, and you can use that to charge your food and drinks to your account, which you must pay for before they let you leave. I thought that the clinic and spa were together and that I would just settle up when i checked out. They had told me at the spa originally that I didn´t need any money, but they neglected to say you have to pay up before you left for the day. So I had no krona to pay for a drink, which was about 11 US. The guy barely let me out of the spa, and I told him I would come back and that I was staying at the clinic until Monday. He told me I had to leave something of mine, which I refused to do. for the money that I paid to them, that was horrible customer service. So when I came back that night and was finished eating, he didn´t even wait for me to get to the desk. He actually chased me down for payment. Unreal! Horrible customer service. I was speechless!!

2  Thank LeighkarenL
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I spent about a week in Iceland and our day at the Blue Lagoon was my favorite. The waters are so relaxing and we spent a good six hours in the Blue Lagoon waters. I highly recommend getting one of the in-water massages as it was pure bliss! You'll need to book the massages beforehand otherwise it's likely that all the slots will be booked. They also have two steam rooms and a sauna, but being in the water was my favorite. My husband did sunburn (yes, sunburn in Iceland in spring) so be careful of that.
I found the locker rooms to be clean and have all the necessities (shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer). Don't leave Iceland without going to the Blue Lagoon!

1  Thank scmlc
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I'm not really into spas and pools as I usually get quite bored however I quite enjoyed the Blue Lagoon as it was something completely different. It's basically an oudoor pool which although is man-made looks really natural and the water is heated by natural geothermal heat. It was actually so hot in some places my partner had to find cooler areas but I loved the heat although it was strange be sitting in a hot outdoor pool in the snow! The water is also an unusual blue colour which surrounded by its white clay sands and contrasting dark grey rocks looks quite stunning. You get free mud face packs in boxes at the pool edge and different spa treatments which I didn't get as they were quite expensive. The hire of towels and robes was also quite pricey so bring your own if you can but all in all a good way to relax at the end of a busy holiday.

1  Thank Tara2704