“such a helpfull lady. I wish I had booked”
Review of Guesthouse Borg

and 1 more site!
Guesthouse Borg
Ranked #3 of 7 Grindavik B&B and Inns
NelBzh, UK
“such a helpfull lady. I wish I had booked”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I did not stay at the guest house at it was fully booked when I turned up without a booking. However the lady of the house kindly phone another place for me to make sure I had a room for the night. This was so nice of here. Should I go back to Grindavik, I will ensure I book that place and nowhere else

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank NelBzh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night at Guesthouse Borg after our original reservation fell through and we are very thankful it did because this was the best Guestouse we stayed at in Iceland! Very clean and homey feel to it. Great to be able to get up in the morning and have a cup of coffee and breakfast before heading out for the days adventures. Very continently located to the Blue Lagoon. Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren C
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My husband and I arrived in Iceland on an early morning flight. It was dark and snowy. Fortunately, we had booked two nights at Guesthouse Borg, which is only a few miles away from the Blue Lagoon and easy to find from the Keflavik airport. Our host graciously allowed us to check in when we arrived at 8 a.m. Our room was VERY comfortable and spotless and the kitchen, with breakfast provided, was a godsend. Add in the comfort of the livingroom and you feel like you are in your own home. Grindavik is a sweet little fishing town with a wonderful museum on the saltfish industry. We also found an excellent coffeehouse next to the fishing fleet. We highly recommend the guesthouse and town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KatWA_10
London
Reviewed September 26, 2011

guesthouse Borg rescued us from a night on the streets of Grindavik after we couldn't track down the owner of Arctic BnB where we had booked, or so we thought. The lovely host was so helpful in advising us where to eat and so accommodating when we returned looking for a bed. She helped us determine if we could see the Northern Lights (unfortunately not) and directed us to the Blue Lagoon. The guesthouse is very homey, there is a lounge with satellite TV and kitchen for guests. We stayed upstairs in a nice twin room and shared a bathroom with 4 other rooms but there was never a queue. Two of the other rooms looked very large. There was a self service breakfast of coffee, tea, cereals, toast, cheese, jams etc. Paid 12,000ISK, about 60-65gbp which was the high season rate I think.

We ate at Mamma Mia in Grindavik which didn't look like much from the outside but was some of the best tasting and best value meals we had in Iceland; about 35gbp for a great fresh fish and chips, pizza and drinks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gingerSW
Dhahran
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We only spent one night but I will testify that the room was spotless, the bathrooms clean, the linen was freshly laundered and sented, and the kitchen was well supplied. When in Gindavik, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoftWalker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grindavik
Northern Light Inn
#4 of 7 in Grindavik
Anita's Guest House
Anita's Guest House
#2 of 7 in Grindavik

Been to Guesthouse Borg? Share your experiences!