“Relaxing evening”

Secret Lagoon Entrance Ticket
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Fludir
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Secret Lagoon natural pool is located in the village of Fludir in the Golden Circle area. The historical surroundings have been kept natural and simple for a unique and authentic experience. The pool is surrounded by several hot springs, including a little geyser, providing the pool with fresh warm water, maintaining a temperature of 38-40 °C throughout the year. In the winter the northern lights can often be seen in the area and what better way to experience the light show than relaxing in the warm water surrounded by the steam from the earth? The Lagoon offers brand new facilities next the hot spring with showers, bar and eating area. Food is not served daily but can be arranged for groups when arranged in advance. Feel free to contact the staff for any inquiries or for a group deal.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

My husband, me and our three adult children enjoyed an evening at the Secret Lagoon. We had a 20% off coupon provided by the owner of the home where we were staying. The cost for all five of us was the same price we paid for one of us at Blue Lagoon. This is a natural geothermal pool- unlike the man made Blue Lagoon. There is a nice boardwalk that allows you to view the surrounding hot pools. There is even a mini geyser that erupts every five to ten minutes. The Lagoon provides noodles to float on. There is some food and drinks available for purchase at the bar. Towels and bathing suits are available for rent. The locker rooms, showers, bathrooms are clean. There are communal showers. We were told to go in the evening to avoid the tour bus crowds. This was good advice. The baths were not crowded, and we did not need a reservation.

2  Thank LESLIElc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"northern lights"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Once we got over our shyness about showering in the nude we enjoyed the lagoon very much. It is hot water and very hot in some areas - other areas were marked that we could not go to because it would be too hot. Was a very enjoyable afternoon at the Lagoon. It is called Gamla Laugin, or Secret Lagoon, (The old Pool). It is much cheaper to enter than the Blue Lagoon and not as crowded.

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Not as fancy either - but it does the job. The water ranges in temperature but is mostly hot.
I would only suggest that they make a rack near the pool so you can keep your towel dry without having to go inside. It rained while we were in the pools and it was disappointing to get out to a cold wet towel.
Two of us had entry with a towel for 660 Icelandic kroner

1  Thank Gingermegs55
Reviewed July 6, 2017

This capped a great day touring the golden circle. We went in mid-May and it was not too crowded. Very relaxing and a beautiful setting. Loved the little geysers on the one side of the pool which heightened the natural aspect of the location. We were on a small bus tour of the area and a couple of the 20 something girls had already been to the "other" Lagoon, but when I asked which was better they gave the Secret Lagoon the hands down winner. Have been recommending to anyone I know who is headed to Iceland.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2017

From the parking lot in Gullfoss I looked on my phone and saw there were some openings at Secret Lagoon around 7pm so I booked those ($53 usd) and we shot over there. I hadn't been here before and found it laid back and quite enjoyable. My son was a tad irked that there wasn't any privacy in the showers but eventually got washed up and headed outside. A nice warm pool set up against some hot springs which can be viewed on a wooden path and there is even a mini geysir. There are pool noodles to be used to help float and a nice little snack bar area with food and drinks. I enjoyed a glass of wine and was able to take it into the pool with me since it was served in a plastic vessel. We spent about 2 and 1/2 hours here and it was welcomed after driving the golden circle earlier in the day. The facilities were nice, staff were friendly. I would visit here again and recommend it to others. I have also been to Laugavatn Fontana once and the Blue Lagoon twice. If not doing the BL this is the place to go and you will definitely save some $.

4  Thank Hawaiishark71