TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful horses

Nynne was our tour guide and she made the trip so lovely, the horses are all very friendly and the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
raquelo887
Canberra, Australia
Great hospitality and professionalism

We had suck a good experience and were taken care of. Everything was super! Our Danish guide was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
helenas520
Ekero, Sweden
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Fludir
from $25.80
from $97.06
from $141.33
from $351.08
More Info
All reviews sydra langholt hour ride icelandic horses riding tour an experienced rider beautiful landscape nice horses fantastic ride south iceland secret lagoon private ride nice tour long ride knowledgeable guide an amazing experience two hours icelandic experience
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Called last minute because it was my birthday and they were so helpful. We drove the two hours from Borgarnes on a recommendation from the bar tender at the middle of nowhere pizza place near gullfoss earlier that week.

Absolutely worth the drive. Everyone there is so nice and Rebekah (our tour guide) was just amazing. She even took us through the stable after the ride to see some of the other horses they show.

Again, beautiful people, horses and experience.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed February 19, 2017

I took my 12 year old daughter, and 15 year old niece to Iceland last summer. My daughter loves horses, and we planned our Iceland vacation to insure she had a lot of exposure to horses while there. Hands down this was the best experience ever. I booked a personal tour that the girls took with lovely guide Martina Ambrosanio and I can not begin to tell you how good she was with the girls, and how much fun they had together. I drove along thru out the area during the day, and met up with them to enjoy a dip at the secret lagoon, and also for lunch each day. The lunch they had for us was at Café and ceramic studio Bragginn was so fantastic. Some of the best food we had the entire time in Iceland. Locally sourced, smoked trout out of the river down the street, fresh bread, fresh butter, fresh soups, specialty drinks, and deserts that were amazing. I don't mean to get too far off track talking about the horseback riding, but we would have never known about this place if it had not been for the tour. The girls were in the saddle for the better part of the day, and had a great time riding by rivers, running across meadows, and climbing mountains. I also wanted to mention the owner, Arna Sigmundsdóttir. She was so sweet, and made certain we had an enjoyable time. She was very friendly, and a pleasure to be around, as was the entire group we met while at her farm, including the other tourists who were riding. Of all the many places my girls rode while in Iceland, this was their favorite. They liked it so much, they had to go back the third day before we left to say good bye one last time to Martina. They really developed a good friendship during the short time together. One other thing I wanted to stress was I felt very comfortable in leaving my girls in the capable hands of Martina while I was away. There is no way I could have been able to make a ride like they did each day, but I was able to let them experience a wonderful time by entrusting Martina to take good care of them each day. They really had a blast!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank j0hnreid
Reviewed December 4, 2016

We had such a fun time while taking 2 hours ride. The horses were well behaved, staff looked after us and health & safety was their priority. It's perfect for beginners and I am sure they facilitate experienced horse riders also. It was only my second horse riding but I felt so confident, safe and was more than happy to experience a faster ride. Waterproof clothes are definitely recommended but it is provided in case you don't have any, Thank you looking after us!

Reviewed December 2, 2016

I wasn't planning on riding this trip because I was on my honeymoon and my husband is not a rider, but he insisted that I would regret not riding while we were in Iceland so I booked a fairly last minute ride and had a wonderful time. Simmi was kind enough to take me on a ride by myself since the other folks who booked that time had not arrived on time. The hour-long ride was perfect! We went on a nice tour of the countryside, saw the yearling pasture, and were joined by a neighbor's border collie who ran with us all the way back to the farm. The horses on the farm looked happy and very well cared for. I would recommend a stop here to anyone looking for a beautiful ride on solid mount with excellent guides!

Reviewed December 1, 2016

I have been horse riding at Riding Tours South Iceland. It has been the best experience during my whole trip. The staff was more than kind, so warm and friendly. The horses seemed so happy and healthy. I had the feeling that they all gave me a warm welcome. Marcus, who was my tour guide, was super friendly and always looked after to me, to make sure I was ok. The scenery during the riding tour was unbelievable. I always wanted to ride through the snow. I felt really safe on the horse and even it was cold outside, I was not freezing due to the ski suit. If you want to have an amazing experience, have a tour at Riding Tours South Iceland.