“The best single best riding experience, don't leave Iceland without visiting!”

Riding Tours South Iceland
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Fludir
More attraction details
Owner description: Riding Tours South Iceland take special pleasure in showing visitors the Icelandic unique wilderness together with the horse. We offer horseback riding experience from an hours tour to longer trekking tours. Our horse trips can be suited for all riders, beginners to experienced ones who would like to go riding in iceland. Sydra-Langholt is situated in Hrunamannahreppur, 50 km from Selfoss.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 13, 2016

I visited in late August 2016. I ended up getting a private tour which was unexpected and very nice. I learned a lot about Icelandic horses and Iceland itself. The horses are the most happy and relaxed I've ever met in my life. So friendly and easy to be around, the people are really taking great care of their animals. The area we rode on was incredibly beautiful and easy to manage. I feel like a beginner wouldn't be intimidated and someone more experienced would enjoy it as well. We got a chance to walk through two streams and my horse got to have a little break to take a drink! I was too busy enjoying the ride to even take pictures. I got a few times to try the unique gait, the tolt, and even a short gallop. The gallop was amazing, like floating on a cloud. I will need some more practice for the tolt, but can't wait to learn so I can go back and do one of their longer rides. I would love to do a full day or multi day ride next year! Also the ride was very affordable as far as riding goes, definitely family friendly.

1  Thank Ab1290
in 5 reviews
"great fun"
"two hours"

Reviewed September 13, 2016

I would definitely recommend this place for a horseriding tour in South Iceland. The groups are small and the horses are great! The owners and the tour guides are really nice and the landscape is very beautiful. They choose a suitable horse for everyone no matter if you are a beginner or an experienced rider :-) Thank you very much for this great time!

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I was on the highland tour in July 2016. Six days of riding this wonderful horses and meeting many lovely people. The whole team was really heedfully and always had a look that we have a great experience. The whole tour was perfectly organized and I learned a lot about Iceland, about legends and myths, the really impressive nature and the people living on the isle.
My highlight was the time with these fascinating horses. I think every rider should make such a tour to meet these intelligent and friendly horses. Riding with a herd of Icelandic horses was amazing and I wore a “happy-smile” the whole day long ;D.
Unfortunately I got sick at the last day of the trip. But the team and especially Arna were so caring and thoughtful… there are no words for how thankful I am for this support <3. As you see, if you booking a tour with “Riding Tours South Iceland” you will get a great tour with good horses and warm-hearted people - you will never forget!

1  Thank jahe84
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Amazing tour and very Professional and friendly people. I recommend this riding tour if you want to experience Icelandic horses in a beautiful landscape.

Arna S, Owner at Riding Tours South Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Dear Bolli, Thank you for your comment: I´m very happy to hear you enjoyed the tour! Hope to welcome you again in the future :) Take care, and thank you for the pictures! Best Regards, Arna

See more reviews
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

We're not a particularly horsey family, but we very much enjoyed our ride across the Icelandic countryside. Our guides Olivia and Annika were both professional and charming. The "troit-ing" was great: hilarious and only a tiny bit discomforting.

Arna S, Owner at Riding Tours South Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear DubaiStuart, Thank you for your good comment! I´m very glad to hear that our guides Olivia and Annika took good care of you all :) I will make sure they receive your great comment :) You are welcome at our farm anytime again in the future! Take care, Best Regards, Arna