TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible Horse Riding in Iceland

My wife and I had the most amazing afternoon experience with Riding Tours South Iceland! Nunu, our... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Nicpot1993
Unforgettable Experience!

I recommend this horse riding company to anyone that is going to Iceland. I was afraid of horses... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
breraemaw

Recommended experiences in and around Fludir
from $97.06
from $25.87
from $84.50
from $141.73
More Info
All reviews sydra langholt hour ride icelandic horses riding tour an experienced rider beautiful landscape nice horses fantastic ride south iceland secret lagoon private ride nice tour long ride knowledgeable guide an amazing experience two hours icelandic experience
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2016

What an amazing experience riding through the breath-taking landscape. The owners are wonderful, their facility is beautiful and this was the best thing I did in 5 days in Iceland. We had an experienced rider and beginner in our group and they made everyone comfortable. Owners are knowledgeable about the area and take pride in their horses. Easy to book, easy to pay and the drive out to the farm was beautiful (make sure you have a good map). All of the staff (mostly family members) are gracious hosts. Go a little off the beaten path and ride out of this barn rather than one of those massive stables, it will be well worth it. I emailed them directly to book and they were super helpful.

1  Thank TeamDingo
Arna S, Owner at Riding Tours South Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2016

Dear Emaly, thank you for that wonderful comment, we are so glad to hear your experience about us and our farm :)
It was nice meeting you two, hope to see you again:)
take care!

Reviewed April 16, 2016

I booked a one hour ride as a beginner. Since I was by myself, it felt like a private lesson with the owner which was great. The weather was very nice and so are the horses. I have never ridden a horse before and I was galloping at the end with the horse "Hnappinn". Icelandic horses are such gentle and friendly horses and I love them. The owner is also a very kind person and I had the best time riding the horse with such scenic landscape in Iceland. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Tricia T

Dear Tricia, You and hnappur were a perfect team :) Thanks for sharing the photo with us, really nice photo of you two :)
It was nice meeting you and thanks for the lovely comment :)
Take care, We hope to see you again :)

Reviewed April 6, 2016

We had a fantastic ride with Simmi for an hour in the beautiful landscape around the stables. Simmi is great fun and really friendly and he led our six year old who really took to him and they chatted away on the ride. The horses were great and really calm and obedient and our ten year old was happy and confident on the ride despite not having ridden much before. It was a great experience and one of the highlights of our trip in a country full of highlights.

Dear Duncan,
We are so glad to read your experience about the tour:) Thanks for this wonderful comment!
Best regards from my father, Simmi to all of you! He really enjoyed riding with you and your family.
Take good care, hope to see you again! :)

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

We booked a one hour ride with Simmi on the very nice horses through the snow across beautiful landscape. It was one of the highlights of our holiday. No experience was needed.

Date of experience: February 2016
Arna S, Owner at Riding Tours South Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

Dear Erik,
Thank you for your positive comment :)
I'm glad to know you enjoy your horse back riding trip with Simmi through the snow!
I hope we can welcome you again in the future, with snow or in a summer day :)
Take care,
Arna

Reviewed March 4, 2016

I have been riding at Sydra-Langholt for many years in the past and it is always such a pleasure. The people are extremely nice and helpful, the horses are amazing and the nature around south Iceland is one of a kind! I highly recommend it :-)

Date of experience: June 2015

Thank you so much for a great comment Kristín :)
Hope to see you soon, take care :)