“Worst customer service ecer experienced” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Springfield, Illinois
“Worst customer service ecer experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

It was my bday and i had invited about 8 of my friends for the dinner.about of 4 of my friends reached and we went inside where a lady at the reception entrance was present. we told her for a table of 8 and the next thing i notice on her face is a horrible look. it was only 7 30 pm at that time. We went inside and sat. The lady again came, placed the menu, all the water and stuff and asked us rudely that are we guys waiting for other people. it is understood that when we order a table for 8 people and only 4 arrive, that means we are indeed waiting.. again a horrible look...thats when my husband asked that what time you close? the lady says at 9 and that the tone she used was so unpleasant and rude... the next thing we did was gather our coats and we walked out of the restaurant....we did not speak a word... to the lady... all i can say is that she needs to attend some classes for learning customer relations...I cant comment anything on the food since we did not have anything...I feel that talking to your customers nicely is very important and in any case if you feel like you wont be able to serve 8 people within an hour and 15 mins its your lookout.either ask the customer to leave politely or just close the restaurant earlier...

Springfield, Illinois
“terrible food if you like hair in your food then this is the place for you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

When to eat with agroup people food took for ever to be serviced food was cold sushi was very old and not sure what it was, hair in the noodles and the chicken was raw.Waiter was rude. Had to complain to the manager we all got up and walked out did not have to pay... Will never good

Well only eat at Oskas

Springfield, Illinois
“Hostess doesn't seem to care if customers wait for a very long time for her to seat them”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

We have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the Ginger Asian Bistro...until today. We arrived at about 12:30 for lunch and waited behind two men who were also waiting to be seated. After about 5 minutes the hostess finally came to the front and seated the two men. Then she took water to their table. Then she came back and told us it would be a few more minutes. After another 5 minute wait we decided that we had waited long enough so we started out the door to go to another restaurant. The hostess finally came up front and I told her that we were leaving because we had to wait so long - her response? Ok! No apology, nothing. Guess you don't care about your customers - or I should say - former customers.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rjdav
“West Side Improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

I've been to Ginger five or six times since they opened and it is continually the best dining experience on the west side of Springfield since the closing of Tuscany. The food is amazing every time, and they had no problem 'vegetarian-izing' any dish that I've ordered (much appreciated!). The service was personal, friendly, and prompt. One of Springfield's best!

1 Thank EinSpringfielder
springfield
“HAIR in OUR FOOD! Would not give money back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

From the time Ginger's opened I ate in and carried...at least 2 times a week. When friends and family visited from out of town we went to Ginger's...One Evening I had guests in town we arrived in Springfield around 7pm after a weekend in St. Louis pouring rain...we order out from Ginger's spent $47.00. Rented a movie and started to Eat...only to find a 15" HAIR in my niece's food deep in the bottom of the container...we were all sickened. I phone immediately...embarrassed that everyones dinner ruined I was angry and wanted my money back. The person that answered the phone said come right away and get your money. I got dressed to go out in the weather only to get a call back from Ginger's with the owner in the background saying she would only give us money for the one meal. All of our dinners were ruined. I have not been back. They are only interested in money. Not the customer. I called the nextt day to say I was calling the health dept...she said go ahead.