“Good, Clean Hotel”

Courtyard Springfield
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 4, 2010

The lobby was modern and clean. The staff was accommodating and we had an easy check-in. Our room was clean but a little cramped. I would stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 20, 2010

I have stayed here several times a year. Typical Courtyard with good staff and service. The sleeping rooms were upgraded first. No longer that tire Marriott look that's been around for 25 years. Rooms are comfortable and have a much more contemporary look and feel. The final piece was the lobby area. This is no longer your typical Courtyard. The lobby is more contemporary with a comfortable Bistro appearance.

If you are used to the same old Courtyard experience, you may want to check this refreshed property. Very much an improvement over the old look and feel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I was a bit disappointed in this courtyard as it is undergoing renovation and the rooms still feel a bit tired. Pillows were lumpy. I stay with Courtyard a lot and although this hotel has very friendly employees its definitely not more than average.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed in room 315 in early July 09. The hotel has recently under gone a whole renovation. The lobby looked really nice but, when I commented to the front desk they said the lobby was the last to be finished.(about 2 weeks)
I was able to check in early, which was great as I was checking out of a nearby hotel.
There is a washer and dryer available(fee) on first floor. The washer was not operating properly, so I told 2 employees. They said they would notify maintenance. I had to take my clothes out of washer and go to the laundromat. I did not ask nor did any employee offer to give me my money back.
There was no noise from the renovations or inconvience. My room was near the elevator again no noticable noise. The room over looked I-4(Veterans Parkway). The room had a mini balcony. The room had a King bed with a pullout sofa bed. Upon entering room there was a closet and sink opposite each other down a pretty long hallway.(longer than most hotels of this size) It was nice.
I did have problems both nights of my stay with my room key being inoperable. One minute the door would open and the next it would not. So back down on the slow elevator to the front desk to have the room key rekeyed. I was glad they verified my name and room number before just handing a new key to me.
The lobby has a few computers for guests to use.
There is a restuarant for breakfast in the morning(not sure on the other hours). I had the breakfast buffet for $8.95, which was great service with the waitress brining coffee and juice. There is a Perkins, Baker's Square, Mc Donald, & Starbucks in the same shopping center or a Panera Bread about 1-2 miles off Veterans Parkway & Wabash.
I used the complimentary internet in the room with my laptop, which was very nice.
There is a fitness center,indoor pool and spa.
In the bathroom is Quinoa shampoo and Amaranth conditioner by Davies Gate, which I have never heard of, but was nice.
There is plenty of free parking, the lot shares with the Sleep Inn next door.
If I was in the area again I would stay here if the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The location is good as its near shopping and restaurants. Its also about .5 mile from the start of the Wabash Trail for running and such. Overall, the hotel is just OK. Nothing special but not terrible either. The price paid would dictate the overall value of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We had a good pleasant experience at this Courtyard, fully meeting our expectations for the Courtyard product. Well maintained, clean and comfortably large rooms, friendly staff and well kept property with ample easy parking. Free coffee/tea in lobby and nice informal lounge.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Had a great stay. My family had an opportunity to enjoy the pool, however it didn't the jets pumping in the hot tub (weird). The hotel is conveniently located- Target, Walmart, etc. (within walking distance). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ordered some fast food for dinner and need plates and spoons and thankfully the guy at the front desk offered us some. I enjoyed my stay and plan to go again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)