For those of you that frequent Marriott-brand hotels like I do for work, you will find this hotel meets or exceeds the standard Marriott has for Courtyard hotels.
...and yes, this place is functioning again after the tornado of March 2006. (I have been trying to stay here for a while, but could not util July.)
This review is based on a four-night stay in July 2006. This hotel features:
- pool, hot tub, and exercise room.
- breakfast area (eggs to order, sausages, hash browns, bacon, waffles, patrioes, cereals, juices, muffins, donuts, fruit, milks, etc.) ranging from $5.95 for continental buffet to $7.95 for full buffet.
- rooms with the upgraded Marriott linens.
- lots of TV channels (if that is what you are interested in).
- wireless hi-speed Internet access only (so if you don't have a wi-fi card, you will need one here).
- larger, bright bathrooms than most Courtyards, and it features a curved shower bar.
- and it is on the edge of all shopping and restaurants - good location. Also close to the freeway entrance to Decataur or Jacksonville.
- room rate was $129 USD per night.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. The service was on par, the rooms and amenities were good, there was sufficient parking (despite sharing it with the Sleep Inn next door, and having sold out because of the National High School Rodeo Competition in-town), and it is close to everything one would want in Springfield.
Given the room rate though, I wonder if more value could be found by staying at the Springhill Suites (another Marriott-chain brand) next door, which is being renovated after tornado, and offers free breakfasts...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Springfield Illinois offers hotel rooms and suites near a number of the capital's attractions. Come and explore the history that Springfield has to offer with numerous sites highlighting the life of Abraham Lincoln. The area is home to plenty of colleges including Robert Morris University Springfield, Lincoln Land community College, University of Illinois Springfield, and the Benedictine University at Springfield. Our Marriott hotel provides all of the modern amenities including free WiFi, an on-site fitness center, a meeting room, and The Market available 24 hours for any of your last minute needs. The indoor pool will be undergoing renovations until June 20th. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Marriott
- Springfield Courtyard