“The Best of the Best”

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Little Rock, Arkansas
“The Best of the Best”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

As with all Drury Inn’s one cannot be disappointed. The staff is probably the best we’ve ever encountered, very professional, personable and courteous.

The rooms are great, clean and appealing. The Drury chain offers breakfast, and what they refer to as “kick-back” both of which are free. The “kick-back” runs from 5:30p.m. to 7:00p.m. each evening. They offer a small buffet with a featured item each day. The buffet may include hot dogs, with chili and all the fixings; nachos; chicken wings; meatballs; egg rolls; baked potato, and salad, along with chips and soft drinks. Each guest is given a coupon good for three alcoholic drinks per evening. Served is beer, wine and mixed cocktails. The soft drink fountain is open until 10p.m. and fresh hot popcorn is offered until 10p.m. as well.

Needless to say the Drury Inn’s have become our hotel of choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We stayed in a king suite. Lots of room for 2 small kids and our stuff. Bathroom very clean. Only complaint is "sour" room smell and old, very worn furnishings. Tolerable for one night. Staff very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2010
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The hotel staff was great! Rooms were clean and even smelled nice. We had a pool view so I can't say the view was great. Location was ok, everything we were looking for was within driving distance and it had a steak & shake beside it. All the things u get from drury 4 the price is awesome, only cruse ships offer more acomidations. We got a free meal and alcoholic drinks FREE!! And as usual the breakfast was great. This is the place to stay, price, freebies, and an in door pool (we didn't swim tho.) ohh and just a word to pet lovers they accept pets there. I'm not a lover and I didn't see any pee stains in my room so it was all good!

• Stayed October 2010
St Charles MO
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We visited Springfield, IL for several nights in the middle of the week, with 3 kids, so that we could have a mini-vacation and see the Springfield sites. We selected the Drury Inn because they had an indoor pool (very important to kids on vacation!) and because of the complimentary breakfast and close proximity to the sights that we wanted to visit.

We had a wonderful time in Springfield. Our room at the Drury Inn was nice, and seemed newly renovated. Every member of the staff that we had contact with was friendly and went beyond just common courtesy to be welcoming and inviting, which almost gave it a bed and breakfast kind of a vibe, even my children commented on how nice everyone was. We enjoyed the variety of breakfast items that were available in the morning, especially the "make your own" Belgain waffles. The evening buffet foods were an unexpected bonus. My kids especially enjoyed the baked potato bar. We ate here only one night, but enjoyed the free drinks and popcorn each evening.

Our only complaint was that the pool was not well maintained. The pool water was slightly greenish, musty smelling, and not very warm. The hot tub water also did not seem especially clean. It wasn't so bad that the kids were willing to skip our pool time, though, so we hesitantly used the pool anyway. (Well, they did, it was too cold for me.) I did let the lady at the front desk know about the problem with the pool that first evening and she registered my comment and said she'd have some one look into it. However, It was pretty much the same the next day, and the next. It just put a damper on an otherwise wonderful experience.

Overall, we had a great experience at this Drury Inn and we would probably consider staying here again on a future visit. I think it's a great value, especially for families. But because an indoor pool is such an important part of our fall vacation, I would want to personally confirm the condition of the pool before I decided whether to stay or look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and our new Hot Foods Kickback during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear, though, about your experience with the pool area. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management to follow up with our maintenance team. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Our second visit to the Drury, overall hotel was clean, rooms were nice I'd give the mattress a 7 out 10. Managers reception and breakfast are quite the deal. Staff is always nice. I'd stay again. Has decent indoor pool. Room was qiuet couldn't hear through walls. Windows open slightly. I rate this hotel excellent for the price range

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iwanttoseeamerica
Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We enjoy the Drury chain and this one has the usual amenities, but needs to improve general maintenance. All the staff were excellent and friendly. I've never experienced a faster check-in. The pool needs attention and so did the room. The hot breakfast was awesome, as were afternoon snacks and drinks. We did not have any issues with too much noise from other guests. The hotel is near many great restaurants, so it was no trouble finding dinner nearby. Overall, it's a good hotel that needs to step up maintenance and cleaning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and our new Hot Foods Kickback during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear, though, about your "just okay" experience. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management to follow up with our maintenance and housekeeping team. We do encourage you to come back and visit as we are receiving new upgrades - new flat screen 37 inch televisions arriving this week. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Chicago
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites for just one night. I liked it enough that I chose it to stay at for my next trip down to the Springfield area. First impression was not good though: the hotel has a rundown appearance when you first arrive. There is a huge hole in the carport roof, and the windows and outside of the building have a dirty appearance. However, upon entering the hotel you notice it is clean and well kept, even if it is a bit of an older property. The staff is wonderful. Very accommodating to our needs, and suggested a terrific seafood place in a "haunted" mansion just down the street that had the best salmon I have eaten in quite some time.
We thoroughly enjoyed the 5:30 happy hour drinks - the bartender was very cheerful and funny. Soda and popcorn were a welcome addition to my late night work schedule. They also have a freezer where you can purchase ice cream over by the front desk!
The free wireless internet worked flawlessly, and the mini office area was fine for printing out some papers I needed. Unfortunately the printer is only black & white.
The room was prefectly adequate. I thought the pillows were comfy, and it was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was okay, not delicious, but filling and free. They had biscuits & gravy which was unusual and nice to see. The coffee was really good.
As I said, I liked it well enough that I will stay there again this week.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business