“Very nice stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Jan 19th for the county queens state pageant. It was very nice and clean. Check in was a breeze and everyone at front desk was very welcoming. One thing I think makes this hotel very nice is all the extras ( that are free)! They had free popcorn on arrival as well in the afternoon free drinks from soda machine. They also have a kickback hour in the evening which does appetizers ( which I hear were terrific) and u get a drink card for a few free alcoholic beverages. Unfortunately we were on such a tight schedule we did not get to try this out, but I can't wait to go back for a stay to try this out. We did try the comp breakfast the next morning and it was very nice. Everything from cereal, doughnuts, muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage patties. Everything was hot and tasty :) The only complaint would be the hot/warm water was very hard to come by. But like any other hotel that is booked that usually is harder to come by. All in all it is a very nice and clean hotel that is right of the interstate. I would stay at drury inn again anytime.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank funinsun4
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Springfield

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our friends and we stayed here for one night on our way home from Branson, Mo the hotel was very clean and comfortable. The beds are super cushy. best night sleep. Great snacks and coctails was enough after having a large lunch.We'll definetly stay again

Room Tip: Suites are great when traveling with other people. Pleanty of room for 4 or more to watch the games...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had a positive experience at this hotel. I believe it has been recently renovated. The hotel offers a pool, exercise room, breakfast and happy hour drinks and food. Within a couple of miles of the major attractions and there are quite a few food choices nearby including a new Panera Bread Co.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am so glad that we stayed at Drury during a recent weekend trip to Springfield. We originally made a reservation for Baymont but found out their pool was under renovations plus I wasn't a fan of Baymont's manager comments I found on trip advisor. I did a quick search on trip advisor, found Drury to be rated high so we made the reservation. I did a bit of searching on their website and found mentions of free popcorn, free breakfast and free food in the evenings...sounded too good to be true, but it wasn't and it was amazing!!

We arrived shortly before our check in time and luckily our room was ready. We immediately saw the popcorn machine but no popcorn was being made just yet. We had a king sized room and overall, the room was very nice. There was a nice flat panel TV and a good sized bathroom. The TV's reception was a bit fuzzy but it wasn't a huge deal. We checked out the pool as well as the fitness room and both were very clean. Also, the bed was comfortable but I found it to be a bit too bouncy. It appeared that the box spring had some bounce to it. I was exhausted and didn't have any trouble falling asleep but anytime but at times it felt like you were in a waterbed due to the extra movement. Oh, and there is free wifi...no annoying code needed like some hotels.

Now, onto the "5:30 kickback". I couldn't believe that a hotel was providing all of this food + drinks for free (we were both given a drink card good for 3 alcoholic drinks free of charge). We were there on a Saturday night so there was chili, baked potatoes, mac & cheese, hot dogs, nachos and salad. Plus there was a self-serve pop machine...again, all free! Oh, and the popcorn machine was now on so you could get some popcorn too, free of course! We literally sat downstairs during the whole "kickback" time (5:30-7) just munching on all of the goodies. We didn't even have to spend extra money on a dinner anywhere else as we were stuffed. I was so full that I didn't partake in the alcoholic drinks aside from a margarita, which was just as good, if not better, than some margaritas I've had in restaurants.

The whole time during the meal period, employees were sweeping the floors, emptying garbage cans, refilling food trays...very attentive to keeping everything neat and tidy which was no easy feat as the place was packed.

The free breakfast was also nice. I didn't go down but my bf said there were waffles, yogurt, sausage, eggs, cereal and donuts.

I will definitely stay at another Drury property again. The price was right $90-ish for an AAA rate and the complimentary food was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night, it had snowed the night before and the parking lot had not been plowed and was rather treacherous still. We were in a Standard King room and it was the smallest room I have ever been in. At the front desk there was a sign that said noise starts at 8:00, I assume they are remodeling, at least I hope they are remodeling because the place looked tired and in need of a face lift. Though in need of some updating it was clean and tidy. When we checked out the front desk person told us there were 2 sizes of this room type and we were put in the smaller of the 2, I hope the choice was not becaused we used a third party travel site.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim F
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding our Drury Inn and Suites in Springfield. We have been updating and remodeling the hotel recently, and we have a brand new contemporary look for the property. There are several sizes of our rooms, and we always endeavor to get our guests into the right room for them. We certainly thank you for the information and hope to see you on a future visit to the Springfield area.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Another awesome experience w/ Drury Inn. We met my folks for a little getaway over Christmas break. The pool was nice and hot tub even better! The staff let us (and several other families) use the food area to play games until 10pm--much better than in the room! The extras are so worth it---food bar, wine, popcorn and pop for the kiddos and the breakfast is amazing. The mattress was AWESOME and the staff was great. Got a great deal by looking online for the drury esaver code. Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Look on line for the Drury Esaver Code---saved us $15 per room!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank teachink
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The positives: I mentioned that I was traveling with an infant and the desk clerk brought a crib to my room before I was done unloading luggage. Pet-friendly, nice pool area, excellent breakfast in the AM, room was very clean & up-to-date with mini-fridge, microwave, and flat-screen tv. My only complaint is that the bedding was kind of skimpy: one thin blanket in between the sheets and duvet cover, with no spares in the closet. Overall very nice stay though, friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family