“"A great hotel"”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Always try to stay at Drury everywhere we go. They are always so clean and love the fact that you get free hot snack and drinks from 5pm-7pm. Also they always have free hot breakfast. The beds are comfortable. The desk staff are very nice and helpful. I always think you get what you pay for when you stay at a hotel and that is why we stay at Drurys. Some may be a little more then others but you know what you are going to get.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Totally pleased with my stay here! Front desk was super helpful and very pleasant, wanted to ensure I had everything I needed. 2 room suite was amazing and great for our family of 4...nice price too. Great breakfast and they also offer evening apps and drinks. Pets stay free! Overall great stay...will definitely use in future!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my first stay at a Drury, and I couldn't have been more pleased. After driving 9 hours, 3 of which were through a thunderstorm, it was so nice to sit back and relax in the lobby for the evening Kickback reception. There's a good variety of food items, from soup and salad to chips, nachos, hot dogs, mac & cheese, baked potatoes. Some items rotate, and the featured item that day was chicken strips. The staff worked hard to keep the buffet table re-stocked. We also enjoyed the free drinks. Breakfast was also excellent, and the staff came around and cleared dishes and made sure we had what we needed. The room was clean and quiet, which is what we hoped for after such a long day. (Some folks have mentioned it being outdated, but I believe the website showed this property will start undergoing upgrades in September.) It's a great value for the money. I would definitely pick a Drury Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at many Drury properties and they never have disappointed me. It isn't the fanciest chain out there but they have great ammenities like breakfast AND dinner (appetizer bar). They are also pet friendly; the rooms are clean; and the service is usually pretty attentive. This Drury property lived up to my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a king suite, and it was quite nice. Check in was pleasant and efficient. The pool was clean and nice. I only have two negative comments: 1. they only have one elevator, and it seems to be an antique. We waited and waited and waited and waited (you get the point) every time we needed to use it. When it would arrive, it was often crowded with other guests so we'd have to wait longer. We ended up carrying our bags up and down 3 flights of stairs rather than grow old at the elevator stand. 2. The in room wi-fi did not work on any of the 3 devices we had with us.

I'd recommend the place, but encourage you to book a ground-floor room.

Oh, location wise this is relatively close to the state capitol & the Lincoln Museum. 10 minute drive at most.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room whatever you do!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. We are sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by our elevator during your stay. We have notified our IT department regarding your internet issues. We have a 24 hour HELP desk available should you need assistance in the future. We are pleased that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay here in Springfield, and certainly hope you will choose us again in the future. We appreciate your business.

Tiffani Timbrook

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed here about 3 times now. They had a promotion that coincided with a trip I had to make, so I got an excellent rate. Drury Hotels are pet friendly, the rooms are comfortable, clean and include microwaves and mini refrigerators.
The staff is friendly, though the front office staff is also required to help clean the eating area - and it showed - her uniform was a bit dirty. But I don't blame her. First impressions are important and if this had been my first time at a Drury Hotel, I would have been worried about the rest of the hotel.
I only wish they were at more locations throughout the States.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are very happy that you found our staff friendly and our hotel pet friendly. However, your feedback on our Front Desk Team Member's uniform was well taken and corrected. We always appreciate an opportunity to make our hotel an excellent choice for our customers. We thank you again for your comments and hope to see you on a future stay.

Tiffani Timbrook,

A TripAdvisor Member
Willow Springs, Illinois, USA
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a great experience at the Drury. Traveling with two children, ages 8 and 5, I was a little little nervous as to the "fun" that would be had in Springfield. Staying at the Drury really aided in the positivity of our little trip. The hotel is extremely family friendly. Popcorn and pop are available for free all day in the lobby. The breakfast and 5PMa Happy Hour can't be beat. The kids had a great time in the indoor pool! The hotel is located close to everything we wanted to do including the Lincoln sites and the drive-in theatre. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly. All together a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com