“Rooms always smell of smoke, There were some kids running...”

Days Inn Springfield
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here with others for a family wedding in town. The place could use some TLC, but was somewhat clean and the employees were friendly. The price was pretty cheap, so I can't complain too much. Breakfast included make your own waffles, which is always a hit with the kids.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Days Inn used to be a Ramada Limited, but is no better than average for the Days Inn chain. I found it hard to check in, despite having a prepaid reservation as the clerk couldn't copy with the fact that the UK doesn't have states as expected by her computer, and didn't speak English very well. The room itself was fine, and they had - as requested - given me a quiet one facing away from the main road, although I doubt that any would be very noisy there as the entire hotel is tucked in behind other developments, backing onto a wooded area.

The pool was tiny, and hardly worthy of the name; although I had a swim on arrival I decided it wasn't worth the effort the following morning, and there are no other fitness facilities. They had run out of coffee at breakfast, so I just had an orange juice; otherwise it was OK but one of the less good ones on a trip taking in several similarly priced motels.

The surrounding area is fine; it's easy to walk to a number of fast food places including Cracker Barrel (though it's unlit) and a couple of bars that didn't appear to serve much food, or there's a Circle K C-store with a very limited range of good adjacent to the car park.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet with no road or car parking area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Eldorado, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was trying to drive from Wisconsin to Missouri and got as far as Springfield when I knew I would have to stop and sleep. It was 2a.m. and I had stopped at a 4 star Inn that was full. I knew I would have to be on my way by 10 a.m. so when I saw this place I thought that for the price why should I worry about anything but cleanliness??? Asked to see a room and the clerk behind the desk was very, very obliging. I had to giggle a bit though - my room was small and reminded me of a 1970's dorm room. Formica countertops in pumpkin orange, and Grey Asbestos Floor Tiles. Unfortunately I am old enough to remember this decor!!! However --- CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. Not even dust in the corners or behind/under the bed. I know - I looked because I couldn't believe it! It was well worth the $46.99 (+ tax) that I paid for it! Would do it again on my next trip through if all I need is a room to sleep in!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
south-east Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This older hotel has a good curb appeal and the rooms were OK. The main positives were the price, a friendly staff, and a good breakfast area. Of special note was the staff member who "supervised" the breakfast area resupplying items. Negative areas include oil-stained and cigarette burned holes in sheets, bathroom floor and baseboards that require more attention, and a shampoo container in the shower (behind the curtain) left from the previous guest. The building looks like it is being updated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends