“A PLEASANT NIGHT'S STAY”

Days Inn Springfield
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Niles, Mi
“A PLEASANT NIGHT'S STAY”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I had a pleasant night’s stay at the Days Inn. As a previous Reviewer stated; we also had a problem inputting their house number into our GPS. At the I-55, Exit #90 off ramp look for the Shell Station which is easy to see and the Days Inn is right behind it, no big deal. The Days Inn provided my wife and I with a very reasonable Days Inn on line AARP Room Rate, check-in was quick and easy, the desk person was polite, our King Bed Room was clean, and provided us with a good night’s sleep. They have an indoor pool and their free breakfast provides the usual Waffles, Biscuits and Gravy, Dry Cereals, etc. Located near the motel are the usual off ramp fast food places such as; Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Hen House, and a Cracker Barrel are all nearby. We had supper at the Lake Point Grill which is a local dining spot that is located a three minute drive from the motel. From the motel; Turn left at the traffic light drive past the Taco Bell and on your right will be a small strip mall where the Lake Point Grill is located. Lake Point Grill’s main course meals range from $10.95 plus and are very well worth the price if you are looking to dine a little up-scale. They have a wood fired brick Pizza oven so my wife and I shared a well prepared Neapolitan Pizza and a large Salad. I was very surprised by the size of their Drinks Menu, especially their selection of Micro-Brewed Beers. It was a joy reading about their 25 or so Micro-Brews and then making a selection. The next time that we are in the Springfield, IL area we will being staying at the Springfield Days Inn and dining at the Lake Point Grill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rakesh P, Manager at Days Inn Springfield, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
thank you for review we correct error on direction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Murphysboro
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel is ok, kids loved the pool, only problem we had was finding the place. Address could not be inputted into my GPS (not sure why?) and signage is not great. NOTE: It's behind the Shell station :) Decent hotel for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sorry for any inconvenience you had finding us. Our big Days Inn sign was damaged in December
2012 blizzard, we will have our new sign by end of March. Thank you for staying with us.
Dawson Springs Ky
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I refuse to give anyone other than police personnel my driver license due to the probability of identity theft . This clerk cut me off while I was trying to explain. hen he made me go back out can copy down all the particulars on my vehicle. We've stayed here three times totaL for five night in total and this is first time that I weas reqired to do that. I told the clerk that I didn't mind so much as long as they were consistent. His reply was. You don't have to stay here if you don't want to, I'm the manager and this it the way I do it. I told him that if I hadn't promised to meet someone in this motel I would be long gone. Having rude stupid peoploe behind the counter is not good practice for a motel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Peoria
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My only real complaint is the toilet seat was dangerously loose. I tried to tighten it myself, but didn't have the strength.
The smoking and non-smoking rooms are next to each other, and the hallway stinks from smoke. All smokers should be banished to the upper floor, or alltogether. The upholstered chair in the room is filthy.
Other than that, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with your stay. We will make all necessary changes to make your stay more pleasant in the future.
FORREST
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had a very nice room to relax in between festivities of my niece's wedding weekend. Nice roomy and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with Days Inn Springfield. We hope to see you in the future.