“Manager needs to visit the rooms more!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Champaign, IL
“Manager needs to visit the rooms more!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2005

It was like pulling teeth to get the guest agent to explain the amenities to me. Therefore, I had to keep calling the front desk to ask about local/long distance calls, the cost for wireless internet, password to access the service etc. I guess she assumed that I had time to read the guest services manual, which is what I eventually did. Rooms by the first floor elevator smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Someone is smoking in or near the rooms, could it be staff?? Coffee maker dusty, looks like it hasn't been used or washed for some time.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Springfieldilcigm, General Manger at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2008
Please notice the date! This is a long ago review and the property has undergone extensive remodeling due to storm damage. Of course we still make mistakes on occassion but we have a great staff that will try to make it right if you just let us know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Burbank, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2005

The door wasn't even locked when we first went into our room. Then when we got in, the toilet was running and wouldn't even flush. They had to send someone to fix it. There was hair in the tub that didn't belong to us. The pool has NO STEPS (only 2 ladders for getting in and out) for anyone who is handicapped or has limited mobility. Then there was some sort of bug (which the hotel person said was a cricket) that got on me while I was in bed. In the morning there wasn't any milk for breakfast and the small and cramped "room" for breakfast was so full there wasn't any place to sit. I wish I would have seen the 2 reviews posted for this hotel before I made my reservation. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, nor would I ever reccomend it to anyone!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank Lori B
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2005

I travel to Springfield twice a year and have stayed at this Comfort Inn several times before. This July, however, was my last. We first notice a couple of small bugs in my daughter's bed. Later that night, while in the bathroom, a large roach-like bug fell out of the ceiling fan/light and landed on my shoulder. This was second such bug like this we killed in our room. When we checked out of our room before midnight, we were offered another room down the street for a small discount and when we elected to drive home we were assured they would comp us for our room. NOW we find they won't compensate us, they have no record of a complaint or a promise to compensate. Cannot recommend this hotel chain again.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2005

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Springfield a handful of times in the last year while in town for family reasons. I am currently shopping around for a new hotel in the area because I am just not happy with the Comfort Inn. The staff is very nice, but the hotel has a dirty feel to it. My niece's pants were dirty after crawling on the floor during our last visit and I noticed bed bugs when our mattress was pulled away from the wall. The other thing that really bothered me was the cigarette smoke in the first floor hallway by the elevator. I believe that it was coming from a staff break room, but I have noticed it every time we have been there and I find it very irritating.

There are several other comparable hotels in the area for about the same price. We're going to check them out instead of going back to the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank sdfjhalkf
Please notice the date! This is a long ago review and the property has undergone extensive remodeling due to storm damage. Of course we still make mistakes but we have a great staff that will try to make it right if you just let us know!