“Problems, but responsive Manager”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel has some problems, but the Manager Bryan Stratham (hope I spelled it right) was responsive and made a bill adjustment. The lobby and hallways smell like ashtrays and the bathroom exhaust fan tends to drag the smoke into non-smoking rooms. We also couldn't cool the room down. The A/C would run for 5 minutes and then shut down. I called the front desk about 8:30 P.M. and was told by the night desk person that the A/C was an older unit and would freeze up if temp was set to lower than 70 degrees. The room was about 80 and if I set the A/C to 70 it would still run a few minutes and then shut down. About 10 P.M. I solved the problem. The window drapes are too long and the bed is only a short distance from the A/C. The drapes would billow out and force the cold air to go downward towards the A/C between the bed and wall, causing the thermostat to read the cold return air. Pushing the drapes onto the window sill and weighting them down allowed the air to get out into the room and the A/C worked the rest of the night. The hotel also had a problem with their phone lines and internet and they were down in the morning so they couldn't issue copies of bills at checkout. They did take down email addresses and send them later in the day as attachment. If they solve these problems, as the Manager indicated he was working on, it is a good place to stay and has reasonable rates.

Room Tip: If the drapes are billowing over the air conditioner (in the King bed rooms), push the drape bottoms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Tom - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We have addressed any issues with our staff. Our GM is proactive and is a problem solver. Our PTACs are regularly examined and cleaned by our staff and a third party service. Glad our GM took care of all your concerns before departure and delivered another satisfactory stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not perfect but a classic decent hotel.

Stayed one night. Mostly positive experience, friendly staff, breakfast area was attractive and clean. We had room 125 next to the elevators, avoid this room as you can hear a lot of clunking and crashing doors. The hotel is in a great
location near food and shopping.

Cold water pressure is really poor. Shower is great. Had some mildew on shower curtain that really should be addressed. Clean bathroom. One long hair found on shower wall but that happens. Towels are really small and only had two in our king room. Air conditioner/heater will blow your curtain away from window. Reasonable noise from unit.

Single cup coffee maker.

Bed very comfortable. Clean and good linen.

I'd stay here again for the money, location and frankly it didn't seem to have any issues that really annoyed me.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and hallway near desk.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
lathamschoice, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

JBryan Latham
Quality Inn & Suites of Springfield
217-787-2250

Reviewed August 16, 2013

After staying at some less than satisfying motels on our trip, we chose this one, and we were certainly not disappointed! From the very friendly and helpful staff, to the delicious breakfast and hard-working assistant who kept everything filled, to the extremely clean room, comfortable bed and quiet atmosphere--everything was top notch. We definitely recommend this motel! And to those who think you can get this kind of lodging for a lot less, it's not going to happen--we found out the hard way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Linda - thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Our hotel has been renovated and we really enjoy it when our guests appreciate the aesthetics, breakfast, quality of service, and our amenities. Our entire staff works hard to ensure everyone has a consistently positive experience at an affordable price. Look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I happen to call and book a Springfield Quality Inn without checking the price... I guess it was during the State fair so they jacked the price almost $50 a night which is a hotel and half for our budget. I had stayed in 10 quality inns across the country and always had a price similar. This one jacked the price and to boot we had no interest in the state fair and knew nothing about it.. The place was overrun with kids yelling and screaming in the hallways.. we said if it does not stop we will ask for our money back. I stayed in over a dozen hotels in the past 2 weeks and have seen all levels..This one is a C+ and an 'F' for price jacking during the state fair. Aggravating stay and nothing special and for the price, we stayed in other quality inn's at half the price for the same service, I do not get it?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tim - thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We value your input and as you can imagine, this is our busiest time of the year and our rates fluctuate with demand and special events. We are still on average 25% below the rate of other hotels in our immediate comp set. We have also made recent improvements to our hotel. I'm glad the rest of your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. The hot breakfast was great. I think we got a good value for the money we spent. We decided to stay an extra night.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest - thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our entire team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. See you soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my experience at this location others may not have had any aggravation!!?? Checked in. {late evening / 8:45 p.m local time} Patricia at the desk, was a person with a great personality, & helpful. Went to the room, it was nice / clean. Got a shower then found out the room had no remote for the TV. I got dressed, went to the desk @ informed Patricia about the missing remote. She did not have one, so she called the manager. This is when the aggravation started. In talking to the manager, she was told that "yes he knew about it" and I would have to sit by the TV to change the Channels manually !!!!!!!!!!!!! They would change my room, but not take the remote from the empty room !!!!!!!! I opted to stay in the room {it was a long day}. It was a hot humid night, only to find the AC would only run for a short time & shut off {no it was not on automatic}. By this time all I wanted to do was get some sleep the best I could. In the morning I confronted the manager about the remote & the AC. His response to the AC problem was "yes we have been having a problem with that AC unit". This when I asked him what my aggravation was worth. He countered with " what is it worth to you"? I told him I wanted 50% of my bill {keep in mind the rate was $89.95 Plus taxes}. He told me the best he would do is $10.00 off the bill. So if you stay here and are aggravated with any thing that might happen. Your aggravation will only be worth $10.00!!!!!!! WILL NOT EVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! One other thing, in my business, I stay in motels/hotels well over 150 nights a year. I know about having problem now & then happening. The managers have always made things right!!!!!!!! This manager does not manage or get things fixed that he knows need fixing !!!!!!!!!!!! Offering $10.00 off the bill was a slap in my face !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff T
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Jeff - I'm glad you took the time to post a review. We're very apologetic of your experience at our hotel. Every room has a TV remote and we have spare in stock available for our guests if they are malfunctioning. Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Look forward to your future stay that will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a great room with comfortable beds. The room was clean--the only problem was the drapes did not totally close so had to use a binder clip to keep the lights from the parking lot from shining in--it was not a big deal & it is still a great place to stay. Breakfast was quite good, nice variety of items.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sandy - thank you for sharing your overnight experience at our hotel establishment. We really appreciate it and have discussed the comments with our staff. We look forward to your future stays.