“Worst Stay Ever”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The whole family was going to Springfield to have Christmas with my sister in law the weekend before Christmas 2012. My mother in law went to the hotel to assure that we could get 4 rooms all together and that they had adjoining doors. She was assured that would be no problem. We arrived and went to the hotel with my mother in law only to be told that the four rooms were all seperated even though the reservation said otherwise. We were then told that the hotel was under construction in some places, which was fine. After much time, we finally got rooms together. We specifically went to this hotel because it had all the things we needed for a two night stay with small children. Our first night wasn't bad except that bathroom fan was broken. In the morning we had breakfast and it was very nice except that the hot food was cold (scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy). We came back after breakfast to the room being already cleaned. Well there was garbage on the floor bathroom, things were knocked over on the counter. Then it got worse. The indoor heated pool, wasn't heated because they didn't turn it on.even though there were many guests in the hotel. An the hot tub was so hot, that it actually scalded skin. When they finally turned on the heat for the pool, we were told that one heater was working and the other was working at full but still the water was freezing. There were many times that the front desk was unattended for over an hour. When it was they were annoyed and not very helpful. When the rest of the family joined us the next night and we rearranged ourselves, i find so much garage in the new room that was supposed to be clean. Overall, was a terrible experience. Leaving even the children disappointed and heartbroken because they couldn't swim.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest - thank you for taking the time to post a reply. We are very disheartened to learn that you did not have an experience in line with what our staff strives to provide. We have updated our facilities maintenance program and we were waiting for an expedited delivery of a pool part to restore the heat controls. We are updating the rooms with new granite vanities and will be enhancing the guest breakfast experience with amenity upgrades. Look forward to your future stay!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was clean, staff helpful, excellent shower. Breakfast fine but room was small for size of hotel. Quite and comfortable rooms. Easy on and off expressway. Might have have been a little pricey for overall value of hotel but reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
YourWorldTraveler123, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Guest - we appreciate your candid feedback. We strive to maintain clean and affordable facilities and reciprocate your thoughts on the limited breakfast and lobby seating area. We our having discussions with the owners to separate the two spaces and expand them to enhance the overall guest experience. We welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I statyed here wiith my grandson on a trip back from the West in June 2012. I felt the hotel was a pretty average place. Nothing went wrong for us here. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient. I did think the hotel was somewhat overpriced for the quality of the hotel. There was no computer in the lobby for the guests to use. I might or miight not stay here if I am back that way. It would all depend on the price of this and other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed here once before as the Comfort INN and now is a Quality Inn and I was somewhat sceptical myself but to my surprise the property has really improved ALOT!
Staff was Very friendly from check it to the point where I asked ( Connie) for some Milk real late at night for meds and she didnt even blink an eye and went and got some for me! Most hotels will direct you to the nearest gas station! I am really impressed how this hotel has changed around, I read the other reviews and think they must have stayed when it was the Comfort Inn, I would DEFINALLY give this hotel a chance.... Great Price, Great Service for being on the (somewhat) outskirts of town! But your still so close to many things!

Room Tip: Just a very nice room, no complaints
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The room smelled like mold. The air conditioner reeked it was middle of August so it had to stay on. The bed was worn out and the pillows were junk. The bathroom had loose tiles and bathtub was dirty. Should have slept in the car.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank bran43
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed here before. The hotel is adequate but is getting long in tooth. Needs some updating. Carpet is worn in hallways. Staff is lean and had to deal with a barking dog problem while we checked in. Found ourselves two doors down from the dog who was obviously left alone in the room. Quieted down later; I suppose the owners returned. Bkfst was adequate for us.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here only because I got a huge discount due to block of rooms being reserved for a wedding. Staff was awesome...very helpful.I would have to rate them a 10. Room was ok, but hotel itself was in dire need of a facelift. Room was clean. Continential breakfast was suffiecient. I've had much worse. My only complaint, actually, was the condition of the hotel in general. Would I stay here again? Not if I had to pay the over-inflated price that they normally charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family