“Overpriced .. in need of an update.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The staff was very nice and the room was clean but the hotel itself is in need of a SERIOUS update. Way overpriced for the dated look it has now.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Barbara36580
Marshall H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Just to let you know, thatb our hotel is under new ownership ajnd coming this winter will be undergoing renovations, and upgrades.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great facility--the room and hotel are above normal Comfort Inn standards (which have slipped over the past couple of years). The staff was one of the best I have encountered in a long while. Extremely friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place is gross. Gum on the ceiling in the hallway, poop on the rim of the toilet, 3 of

the four screws in the lock on the door are coming out, the knob on the bathroom is loose

and sure to fall off soon, hot tub out of order, the bag for the ice bucket was a garbage

bag- not an ice bag, the hallway smells like smoke, the clothes hook in the bathroom is

broken so you can't hang up a towel or wet bathing suit... I'm sure there's more, but I've

only been here a couple of hours. We were going to stay two nights, but I just went up

front and changed it to one. We're out of here as soon as the sun rises. I feel like I've

been robbed paying $89 for this. Either this place is grossly underfunded, or

grossly mismanaged.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel for a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank temple m
GMComfortInnSpfld, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Our primary goal each day is to exceed the expectations of all our guests and consquenting is dissapointing to learn you are unhappy. Please know this is not our normal standard of service. I am using your comments as a training tool for our housekeeping staff on the importance of reporting maintenance issues to our maintenance staff immediately so that items such as the loose screws and broken robe hook will not interfere with the quality of anyone's stay. Mechanical breakdowns that caused the spa to be down while waiting for parts to arrive is just as frustrating for us because we know it will cause our guests to be disappointed. For this reason, we did make arrangements with a neighboring hotel for our guests to use their facilities and I am sorry if you did not see the signage regarding this. The housekeeping issues have all been addressed appropriately and I appreciate you feedback so that we can improve our service going forward.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way home from Branson Missouri. Our room was very nice and clean with a refrig. and microwave, large flat screen TV and a king size bed. The bed was very comfortable. There was a large jetted tub in the bathroom did not use it so have no information on that. We walked to our restaurant, we choose Cheddar's because they gave us a discount if we showed them our room key. There was also Smoky Bones and Hooters restaurant within walking distant just to name a few. We will stay there again if we pass through Springfield again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were in Springfield for the weekend working. We stayed at this hotel for one night. I was very disappointed especially for the price. When we walked in the front desk clerk was on the phone. We stood and waited for him to finish his call which he informed us was with his boss. Really his boss continued to gossip about the other guests staying at the hotel instead of tell the employee to take care of the customer. I'm confused are they there for the customer or not? The room was ok. I think it could you a little updating. The bathroom is noticeably old. The bed was comfortable. We had 4 or 5 ants scurrying around the bathroom floor. Overall if you are going to pay $100 per night there are much nicer places to stay for that price in Springfield. I would not consider this hotel a good deal!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere much nicer rooms for the same price.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jen2978
GMComfortInnSpfld, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn. Our goal is provide great service for all our guests each and every day. I am sorry that we fell short on this visit. I absolutely know that as the manager I was not "gossiping" about another guest and apologize that one side of the conversation led you to believe that. If an employee called me, it was because there was a problem I was trying to help him resolve the issue. I will absolutely use this as a training example of how better to handle if a similar situation occurs where the employee could put me on hold. I appreciate your feedback and please know this is not our normal standard of servie. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again if you are in the Springfield area.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I arrived in Springfield late due to conflicting day events. I was pleasantly surprised the entire check in process took less than 2 minutes which I appreciated since I was tired from driving. The front desk staff was very friendly despite it being late which I welcomed. I was placed in a handicapped room which surprised me, but was fine. The room was clean and roomy. I did not visit the breakfast in the morning even though it was part of the room rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed here on a Friday during this summer for one night. Got a rate of 59 because of a coupon from roomsaver. At first glance everything seemed ok for a cheap hotel but as time went on we became so grossed out by how dirty everything is we will not go back. 1.) The elevator stunk bad. 2.) the carpet might never have been cleaned. It was nasty dirty like wear your shoes to bed nasty. 3.) Sticky table tops and remote (where gloves and carry a gallon or two of hand sanitizor.) 4.) TV a little fuzzy. 5.)bathroom had hairs (like down there hairs) on counter and floor. 6.) Breakfast was like eating cardboard. even the fresh fruit was old and bruised. 7.) HERE is the NASTIEST PART OF MY STAY...Get ready...The hot tub next to the pool had poop in it for our whole stay!!!!Thats right POOOOOP!!! The water was brown! The pool was over bleached to the point it burned your eyes. We told front desk about the poop the first day and the second day they still had it open and it was not cleaned. Completely nasty and will not stay here again.

I checked in next to a senior couple who paid 109 for this place! If you do decide to give it a try I would look for the roomsaver coupon online or I picked mine up from the dennys in springfield on a magazine rack at the door. sun-thur was 49 and fri-sat was 59. Good luck. One other thing I think the sleep in next door is operated by the same staff because I would see the staff walk back and forth throughout our stay. I didn't stay there but wouldn't be surprised if they have the same cleaning ethics.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family