“Pleased at the Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Springfield
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed Friday and Saturday nights on the 11th floor and found the room to be nice, clean, quiet. I had no problems sleeping and Loved the pillows!! Gotta have some at home now.
The staff at check in were quick and friendly, the bar staff both nights were friendly and very accomadating. My favorite staff member by far was Jeff Bracco, security, driver and all around "Jeff of all trades". He was not only friendly, he recommended several restaurants that were everything he said they would be, and even gave us coupons for one of them. He also drove us to the airport and shared his knowledge of the area, history and gave us a feel for what Springfield is really like as a community. Everyone we met was very nice and freindly but none more than Jeff. Thank you for surprising me as I never dreamed I'd actually miss Springfield. Thank you,... I recommend a stay here for sure!

Room Tip: my 11th floor room was spacious and quiet with a big window, big TV, fridge, sofa, iron, and a very...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for the great review! Your feedback about our sleeping rooms is much appreciated. I have shared your review with Jeff, and he had a great big smile on his face as he read your review. It definitely meant a lot to him. Thank you for staying with us during your visit and we hope you will stay with us during your next visit to Springfield.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is conviently located right off the interstate. Check in was quick and the girl that registered us was very friendly and professional. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and it's really quiet. I was there for a conference and my colleague was in the room next door. I know she was watching tv late at night but I wasn't able to hear it in my room. The only noises I heard was very faint traffic noise from the interstate. Other then that the rooms were well insulated. Rooms have hair dryers, coffee makers and a small fridge. Good size bathroom and clean. Two closets and 4 or 5 dresser drawers so ther is plenty of space for clothes. Several restaurants are within walking distance but there is a restaurant and bar in the hotel. Nice hotel at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PlayinHard
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate the detailed compliments you provided about our sleeping rooms. Also, thank you for your comment in regards to "nice hotel at a reasonable cost." Even though we are a Crowne Plaza and a full service hotel, we still offer some great rates that all guest can take advantage of. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We've visited the Crowne Plaza annually for a bluegrass festival held there, for quite a few years. Until this year, I haven't been that impressed, but wow, this year . . the check in . . Nikki, so friendly and accommodating. The gentleman who staffed the snack bar, friendly, outgoing . . and the hotel offered complimentary coffee after the snack bar closed. The server in the dinning room, who helped me with cream . . . also so friendly. The rooms were clean, neat, good-sized bathrooms . . all in all, our stay was so very pleasant.
There were rumors circulating that a new owner might be taking over the hotel. If so, I'm hoping the same staff will still be with the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauralyn T
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for the great review! I truly enjoy reading the reviews that provide feedback on our guest service. Nikki is a new member of our team, and as you have experienced, she provides an excellent level of customer service. I have also passed on your review to our Food and Beverage Director so our restaurant staff is recognized as well. Thank you for taking the time compliment the hotel and its staff. We hope you will be back next year for our 2013 festival.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is in such a great location, literally right off the highway. It makes it easy to get to any major area, took about 10 mins to get to the Capital from here. The front desk staff and all staff dealt with were very helpful and polite. Rooms were very nice. The bed was very cozy. Bathrooms were a great size. Each day if you decided to be "green" you could put out a door hang tag and then you wouldnt get more towels, and for doing this they give you a $5 voucher to use in the hotel. I thought that was very nice and encouraged people to not use a ton of towels. The pool/hot tub area was nice! The pool was like bath water which was awesome! Right by the pool there is an outdoor seating area that is really just used for hanging out (or at least while we were there thats all it was) and you can see for miles (its on the 14th floor) including the Capital Building. There were only two negatives...one was it seemed like everytime I door closed too hard the entire room shook, it startled me awake often. So maybe if they could put a tension system on the doors to make sure they dont slam? and secondly the coffee stand on the second floor had an employee that was not at all confident or efficient. Which resulted in long lines and not very good drinks. But other then those small details it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dakota144
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read you were able to provide so much positive feedback about your stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time to be so detailed in your review. I will address the two concerns you provided with the appropriate managers, and I am certain we can find a solution to both of them. Thank you again for proving your positive review!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for my anniversary with my husband and sons. Being a new mom and breast feeding and completely sleep deprived, I left my wedding rings and anniversary rings behind which we didn't notice till we were almost back in St. Louis. The value of which totalled around $10,000. The maid found them and turned them in. My husband and I were ready to send a reward. They were irreplacable and since my husband has been out of work several times and I lost my job about 2 1/2 years ago, we cannot afford to replace them. Not to mention my husband designed the wedding set. My husband was going to drive back that night to get them and they said no, that they would mail them. Then, a control freak at the head of-originally he told us security but then changed the title on our answering machine to head of shipping and receiving-delayed the shipment saying he wanted proof of value so he could insure them before he mailed them back to us. He was not available by phone on that Friday so this went over the weekend. Over that weekend, they were stolen out of his office. The GM called and the owner of the hotel property management company called me and said this has never happened before in their 30 years in the industry and they would do what ever they could to make this right. They turned it into their insurance who is only willing to give us $2000. Its disgusting. I have been so depressed this has ruined me. Its disgusting that the multimillionaires who owned this property and those who now manage this property are not willing to do whats right in this situation. I am devastated.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Mary L,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 15 days and everyday it was clean friendly and as you would expect , staff friendly and help full , breakfast a little disapointted due to price( could be included for guests) but good options outside hotel ( IHOP).nice pool and gym ( more equipment running machines would be good) but all rou d excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Very simple review, but I like it. Thank you for your complements about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Glad to read you had an excellent stay, and hope if you make it back to Springfield we can count on your reservation.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

When we first arrived her I was impressed about how big the building was and the entry. The first and second floor are really nice and clean. As soon as we got to our room, it was like I was in a different hotel. Our bathroom door would not shut and when it did it stuck to the door jam and you literally have to put your body into it to open it up. The toliet is extremely noisy. Every tile you flash is makes a horrible noise that lasts till the bowl fills. There were some empty glasses sitting in the hallway in front of our door when we arrived and sat there in the hallway for over a day. Noisy doors. So everytime anyone left their room at night it made a loud bang. They said they had a breakfast buffet, went down there, nothing. For the price I paid I would of rather stayed at the drury inn just down the street. I have stayed there before and they are cheaper and they had a free happy hour and breakfast. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize you had so many issues with your sleeping room. I have made our Chief Engineer aware of your review, and we will make sure our guests do not have this same issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you would reconsider the Crowne Plaza on your next trip to Springfield.