“Nice getaway”

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Chatham, Illinois
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

While having work done in our house, we decided to spend a night in our local Crowne Plaza. It was wonderful. 4 pm check-in and because we were priority club members, we got 2 pm checkout. Pool is very nice and outdoor patio on top floor was breezy despite it being a brutally hot day.

The room was not completely clean. We found three items under the couch that were not ours (earring, toys). The bathroom was clean but needed some new grouting. But everything worked. We were placed on a "quiet floor" and it was truly silent. We heard nothing the entire time.

We plan to return for a night's stay in August!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CPSpringfield, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Glad to here you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return in August. Please accept my apology for the toys under the couch. Our housekeeping team is much too good to miss those things.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Denver
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The hote was VERY nice and it served its purpose. However, when we went to check out, their credit card system was down. I asked them to split the room charge between two credit cards. After they acted like this was such an inconvenience to them, we wrote down our credit card information, and they said they would call us when the charge went through. No phone call, and they put the charge all on one credit card.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
CPSpringfield, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
We are truly sorry that our credit card system went down the morning you checked out. This is not a problem the hotel experiences very often. If you have any questions regarding your statement, please feel free to contact the hotel and I would be happy to assist you. Thank you for your feedback. -Bill
St. Louis
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We spent one night at this property with our children. The property has been there for quite awhile but is well-maintained and definitely the most upscale property in the area. It is conveniently located along I-55 and has a variety of chain restaurants nearby. We were able to get a room there through a discount website for $50. We were disappointed to find that there were 2 double beds in our room instead of 2 queens as that was rather cramped for 4 of us. The mattresses were not the best but were sufficient, and there were a number of pillows on each bed. I appreciated having an in-room fridge as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the positive feedback.
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and children on a Saturday night. The hotel is on the southeast side of the city, adjacent to I-55, a fifteen minute drive from many of the Lincoln sites. Check-in was a cinch and my request for a room with two double beds instead of one king was granted without objection. The lobby of the hotel is quite nice and seemed clean. The parking lot out front is huge and free. A previous reviewer mentioned worn elevators, and I think they're right, but I wasn't sleeping in the elevator so I didn't mind too much. The room was clean. We didn't see any grime in the bathroom, dirt on the floor, streaks on the windows or bugs in the beds. The television isn't a flat screen, which I'm sure matters to some people but not to us. There were a few dozen channels to choose from. The pool area was crowded (the hotel seems to be popular with traveling soccer and softball teams), but the pool itself is large so that was fine. The pool seemed clean. There was one area near the hot tub where the caulk has cracked and started to mold, but it's out of the way and not indicative of the general state of the pool area.

My only complaint about the hotel is that the doors are very loud when being closed. This is probably because of the people closing them, but I'm a very heavy sleeper and even I was bothered a few times during the night by people slamming doors. Also, I prefer firm beds, so the softness of the beds wasn't ideal for me. But if you like soft beds then you'll like these. My thirteen-year-old daughter slept on a rollaway bed that we requested (which was worth every penny of the $16 additional charge), and she said it was very comfortable. So if you don't mind dealing with inconsiderate guests, or maybe if you just have better luck than me and won't have inconsiderate guests, then I highly recommend the hotel. It's not Chicago or New York 4-star, but it is Springfield 4-star.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed here for one night and it looks grand on the outside and in the lobby, but my room was outdated and not the cleanest. I also heard the traffic on I-55 all night. I'll choose another hotel next year on my trip to Springfield.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MIKEYB65
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I love this hotel, the front desk staff is fun and friendly, always easy and a pleasure to check in. But best of all, are the beds, sheets and comforter at this hotel. Although everything is always neat tidy and clean. I hardly can notice anything else once I hit the bed. Something about this place alwaysmakes me sleep like a baby.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I have used the Spfld Crowne Plaza for meetings for the past 7 years and have been very happy with all their services. Their staff consistently go above and beyond for me and my company. Their banquet staff is easy to work with, fun, and very professional. Their AV staff is some of the best I've ever worked with and I recommend you spend the money to have them take care of you. Their sleeping rooms are very nice. And the location works great for us because they have ample parking and are located close to the interstate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business