1,384 results
All reviews tallest building top floor breakfast buffet within walking distance lincoln sites lincoln home old state capitol per day front desk staff downtown area room was clean and comfortable starbucks conference bellman banquet museum library
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My experience at the Hilton Springfield Hotel was nothing short of horrible.

First let’s talk about my check-in experience. It was a busy day, but waiting 2o minutes seemed a little long. I am not sure why it was taking so long, but I can tell you, there were a lot of people in the line besides me who were not very happy. My room was fine, except the internet didn’t work and the noise level from a wedding party group seemed to go on until late that night. My call to the front desk didn’t seem to have any effect or find me a fix for the internet. When I woke up the next morning, I found that there was absolutely zero hot water. I called the front desk and the phone was not being picked up. I was scheduled to tape a TV interview in exactly one hour; I was forced to check out without taking a shower. When I checked out, I mentioned my concern, and expressed my frustration about the lack of hot water and the fact that nobody picked up the phone at the front desk. The very nice lady said ok, yea, we don’t have any hot water this morning, sorry, well, here is your receipt, have a good day.

I keep getting the feeling that customer service has become something you need to pay extra for, like pillows on airlines... I guess this is what happens when a hotel name breaks off into franchises... come to think of it, Motel 6 is a franchise, at least they leave the lights on for you.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank clarencebarnes
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed here for the weekend, as I wanted to stay at a place that I knew, opposed to hotels I've never heard of. Plus, they advertised that they are the closest to the Lincoln sites, and they are, along with the other hotel across the street. I have a 9 and 4 year old so I didn't want to have to walk far to anything. The museum was by far our favorite and it is less than 2 blocks away. The website tells you everything that is around to see, and exactly how many blocks it is to walk. The Lincoln tomb was 4 miles away, but super easy to get to. The tomb is closed on Sunday but thankfully a shop owner we were talking to that morning told us we can still go and see it but we can't go inside the tomb. The hotel itself is average really. The bedspreads immediately came off because it looks like coffee stains all over the entire thing, but my husband informed me that it was part of the design. They need new ones because it is a bad design. Parking was only $5.50 if you don't want in/out privleges, or $8 if you want to drive in and out. The pool was a decent size and clean. The breakfast buffet can definately take a pass on - was not good at all, limited choices. The only good thing was the make your own waffles. They have a Bennigan's onsite and the food and service there was good. We are already talking about coming back again to Springfield sometime, and we will certainly stay at the Hilton again although we might venture into town to find other places to eat.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AKEP
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My 2 children and I stayed in this hotel on an extended weekend trip to Springfield. We had a car but did not want to drive to the historical sites and so chose this hotel. The location could not have been better. You could very easily walk to every Lincoln historical site. Plenty of restaurants were also within walking distance and the area seemed to be safe.

The hotel itself is rather dated. The lobby looks like it was recently remodeled and the furniture in the room looks like it was updated, but the common areas around the hotel could use some sprucing up.

The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is the breakfast - horrible! We got a package that included the buffet for free and we still wouldn't eat there.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank momof2hoosiers
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My initial encounter with the desk with just so-so. He told me how to park my car (didn't offer valet) and asked if I knew where the parking garage was. I said no since I'd never been in Springfield before. He gave me good instructions and that truly was the low point. The staff is friendly. The parking is reasonable for a downtown location $8 self park and it is easy enough.

Great location - walk to Lincoln's home and other Lincoln sites. You feel safe walking around downtown Springfield.

The restaurant attached has a limited menu and not very late hours. Arrived at 9:15 on a Friday night and all they had was appetizers. Reasonably priced appetizers.

It was what I expected from a Hilton - not the nicest Hilton I've been at, but met Hilton standards.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton in Springfield, IL for business the beginning of September. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the capital within easy walking distance to most of the sights and government buildings. It is about 30 stories high and has 365 rooms. There is parking in the building but you have to pay about $8. The lobby area is very corporate and dark. The décor should be modernized and lightened up. The rooms are pretty standard. I had a room on the 15th floor. The room had a queen-sized bed with five pillows. The bed was firm. The TV was a 37 inch HD LCD with a good assortment of cable channels including several HD channels. The bathroom was clean with good amenities. There was a Cuisinart coffee machine with regular & decaf coffee that made a good cup of coffee. The carpeting needed replacing but it was not dirty – it was just older. The rooms were quiet despite many people in the surrounding rooms.

There is a Bennigan’s in the building with reasonable prices and decent food. The bar had several TV’s with reasonable prices for drinks. There is a Starbuck’s in the building. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning for $9.50. I did not eat there because I did not want to eat too much in the morning. I ended up getting a coffee and roll at Starbuck’s.

I used the workout room that had four treadmills and two step machines and at least one recumbent bike. There were also weights in the room and a weight machine. There was no water in the workout room! There is a decent sized pool next to the workout room.

There is Wi-Fi internet access in the room but I was traveling light and did not have my laptop. There is a business center with PC’s you can pay to use. You can print from your laptop to the printers in the business center.

I paid a per diem rate for the room. The hotel needs updating and brightening but is comfortable and well-located. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2010