1,354 results
All reviewstallest buildingthe upper floorstop floorwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetlincoln siteslincoln homeper dayfront desk staffdowntown areafitness centerbeds were comfortablestaff was friendlyindoor poolstarbucksconferencemuseum
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My initial encounter with the desk with just so-so. He told me how to park my car (didn't offer valet) and asked if I knew where the parking garage was. I said no since I'd never been in Springfield before. He gave me good instructions and that truly was the low point. The staff is friendly. The parking is reasonable for a downtown location $8 self park and it is easy enough.

Great location - walk to Lincoln's home and other Lincoln sites. You feel safe walking around downtown Springfield.

The restaurant attached has a limited menu and not very late hours. Arrived at 9:15 on a Friday night and all they had was appetizers. Reasonably priced appetizers.

It was what I expected from a Hilton - not the nicest Hilton I've been at, but met Hilton standards.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton in Springfield, IL for business the beginning of September. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the capital within easy walking distance to most of the sights and government buildings. It is about 30 stories high and has 365 rooms. There is parking in the building but you have to pay about $8. The lobby area is very corporate and dark. The décor should be modernized and lightened up. The rooms are pretty standard. I had a room on the 15th floor. The room had a queen-sized bed with five pillows. The bed was firm. The TV was a 37 inch HD LCD with a good assortment of cable channels including several HD channels. The bathroom was clean with good amenities. There was a Cuisinart coffee machine with regular & decaf coffee that made a good cup of coffee. The carpeting needed replacing but it was not dirty – it was just older. The rooms were quiet despite many people in the surrounding rooms.

There is a Bennigan’s in the building with reasonable prices and decent food. The bar had several TV’s with reasonable prices for drinks. There is a Starbuck’s in the building. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning for $9.50. I did not eat there because I did not want to eat too much in the morning. I ended up getting a coffee and roll at Starbuck’s.

I used the workout room that had four treadmills and two step machines and at least one recumbent bike. There were also weights in the room and a weight machine. There was no water in the workout room! There is a decent sized pool next to the workout room.

There is Wi-Fi internet access in the room but I was traveling light and did not have my laptop. There is a business center with PC’s you can pay to use. You can print from your laptop to the printers in the business center.

I paid a per diem rate for the room. The hotel needs updating and brightening but is comfortable and well-located. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chibearbob
Reviewed August 20, 2010

It's surprising that a city like Springfield, which receives tons of tourists to the (superb) Lincoln attractions, doesn't have more appealing hotel choices in its central business district. Before arriving, I vacillated between making a reservation at the State House Inn and the Hilton, ultimately choosing the latter.

As others have noted, its location is terrific... within walking distance of the Lincoln Museum and the State Capitol. It scores a point for having free wi-fi; it would score two points if the service wasn't slow. The rooms were OK; I'm always pleased to see a flat-screen TV, as it shows that the property is paying some attention to keeping up-to-date. The fitness center was perfectly serviceable. But the entire place had a faint smell of cigarette smoke--even in the non-smoking rooms. Combined with the dated feeling of the building, I had the sense that the hotel is past its prime, in spite of recent renovations. I would not spend more than $125 for the place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This hotel was all about location. Very short walk to the Lincoln visitor center and home as well as the Lincoln Museum. I highly recommend visiting both. But this hotel is a Hilton? Really?
Our experience started with a bad check in process. The front entrance is small and didn't not accomodate the number of vehicles trying to check in and unload. There was no bell service, the smallest bag cart I have ever tried to use (needed two), and no automatic opening doors. We were not told at check in that our room on the 24th floor required using a specific set of elevators.....so naturally we tried the main set with no luck. It would have been easier for us to park the car in the garage first before checking in....lesson learned.
The parking garage is public and full of police cars so we couldn't find a spot until the fourth floor. We had to pass up the first couple of open spots as water was being sprayed into the garage from a lawn sprinkler that was being srayed on the hotel A/C unit to keep it cool. Starting to get the picture?
The room itself had not been properly cleaned. The bathroom vanity and TV area had not been wiped down. There was mold in the shower. And the shower fixtures were from the seventies.
Our next visit was to the pool. For some reason it was only half full. My three year old could stand up in the five foot section of the pool. Just pathetic.
And to top off the experience. Trains, trains and more trains. We were woke up by loud train whistles throughout the night from trains that run only a couple of blocks away.
With the visitor attractions providing convenient parking I would recommend staying elsewhere and driving to them. This is an old property that is poorly run with a renovation that was not done properly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank FunTimes469
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the week of Aug 2-6, 2010 for the General Baptist State Convention of Illinois. My rrom was ready and clean upon my early arrive. The front desk customer service is second to none. Very friendly and with a smile. The room was spacious and clean. The house keeping was excellant. The restaurant food at Bennigans was great. I would stay at this Hilton again and would recommend it to everyone. Great week stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business