1,366 results
All reviews tallest building the upper floors top floor within walking distance breakfast buffet lincoln sites lincoln home per day front desk staff downtown area beds were comfortable fitness center staff was friendly indoor pool starbucks conference museum
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the week of Aug 2-6, 2010 for the General Baptist State Convention of Illinois. My rrom was ready and clean upon my early arrive. The front desk customer service is second to none. Very friendly and with a smile. The room was spacious and clean. The house keeping was excellant. The restaurant food at Bennigans was great. I would stay at this Hilton again and would recommend it to everyone. Great week stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

By far the best place to stay for downtown sightseeing. It is right near the Lincoln Museum, the old State Capitol, and Lincoln's old law office. We slept well and since we were there for the 4th they gave us a room on the 25th floor and facing the fireworks at the Capitol. Awesome. Also had free wi-fi, which is incredibly important to us.

What annoyed us. There were two of us staying two days and they only gave us three breakfast coupons. The breakfast was alright, so I guess it wasn't a big deal. We went somewhere else the 2nd day.
The Bennigans inside the hotel has good food but was completely understaffed. We waited quite awhile to order the food and waited longer for it to arrive.

All in all, this is where we will stay when we visit Springfield again. And we WILL be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

My family made a short 2 day visit to see tthe Lincoln sites. This hotel has an awesome package with museum tickets, bus passes, resturant discounts and a superb breakfast. Every hotel staff member we had the pleasure to work with was helpful, pleasant and accomodating. We arrived before 3:00 check in, but were able to get right into our room. Check out was well before our evening train departure, but the bellman stored our luggage until that evening at no charge. The hotel is clean, well maintained and has beautiful views. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The hotel is ok to stay for business. Nothing special. Very average. Its clean and the internet is free of charge. the food is ok. I was expecting much worse but it wasnt that bad.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank t0309999
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Had to stay here because my flight out of Springfield had mechanical issues. The hotel used to be a county building, from what I was told. Nice enough place, clean rooms and decent beds. The restaurant is okay, it took a bit to get served, though. There is a Starbucks in the hotel, but it closes early (so does the whole town). Since the building itself is a tall, concrete tower, there are steel cables that run the height of the tower inside the walls used as structural support. If there is ANY wind, you can hear the cables clanking against one another. Not the most comforting of sounds. Also, for a hotel designed for business travelers, it's strange that they charge for wireless. Most people expect free wireless in business traveler hotels. Staff was polite and courteous. I needed a cab at 5 in the morning, and they had one waiting for me. All in all, I was only there to grab a quick bite to eat, then sleep. It accommodated those needs just fine. Overall, not bad, but nothing stood out as "great".

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business