1,367 results
All reviews tallest building the upper floors top floor within walking distance breakfast buffet lincoln sites lincoln home per day front desk staff downtown area beds were comfortable fitness center staff was friendly indoor pool starbucks conference museum
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Had to stay here because my flight out of Springfield had mechanical issues. The hotel used to be a county building, from what I was told. Nice enough place, clean rooms and decent beds. The restaurant is okay, it took a bit to get served, though. There is a Starbucks in the hotel, but it closes early (so does the whole town). Since the building itself is a tall, concrete tower, there are steel cables that run the height of the tower inside the walls used as structural support. If there is ANY wind, you can hear the cables clanking against one another. Not the most comforting of sounds. Also, for a hotel designed for business travelers, it's strange that they charge for wireless. Most people expect free wireless in business traveler hotels. Staff was polite and courteous. I needed a cab at 5 in the morning, and they had one waiting for me. All in all, I was only there to grab a quick bite to eat, then sleep. It accommodated those needs just fine. Overall, not bad, but nothing stood out as "great".

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Caliguy227
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We checked in on a Friday afternoon about 100pm and were assigned a room immediately. A king on the 26th floor. Fantastic view of the surrounding area. The room was perfect and spacious. Clean and quiet, a comfy bed, and free and very dependable WiFi, . We booked directly off the Hilton website and took advantage of the bed and breakfast rate, which includes the breakfast buffet. A great deal.

A good tip: It costs $5.50 to park in the attached garage or $8.00 for in and out access. If you plan on seeing the Lincoln home and the Presidential Museum, park first(even before check in) and walk the 2 blocks in either direction to the sites. Both have additional parking fees.The $8.00 fee goes on your bill and they issue you a receipt that you show with your ticket each time you depart.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jchtravel
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Good location for visiting the Lincoln Museum and sites, which is a must see. Check-in went smoothly. $5 for overnite parking, if you weren't going anywhere that night. We were on the 15th floor, in a room with 2 queen beds. The rooms are outdated. The heater was loud, but the room was functional. We went downstairs to Bennigan's for supper and that place was a dive. It wasn't clean, we were told that we'd have to wait for a table, even though the restaurant was only half full at best. We waited at a table in the bar and no one asked us if we wanted anything for 15 minutes. My husband was standing at the bar getting our drinks, when the waitress asked us if we were being helped. She lost that tip. The food at Bennigan's was greasy and not good. A nearby Italian restaurant looked much better.
The basement pool was cold, so my daughter spent 5 - 10 minutes in it. Next time, we'll see the Lincoln sites, but not stay in Springfield. If this was the best hotel there, we'll stay in St. Louis. Check out my review of the Drury Plaza Hotel near the Arch in Saint Louis.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have been staying here for years. Every week I arrive earlier than their posted check-in time of 3 pm. Every week, they accommodate me. My room is always ready and clean. The staff is always great. Everyone greets me by name as I walk through the hotel. It really feels like home. I would never stay anywhere else. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank summer1944
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I don't know what they could have done to makeit any better. Staff was very polite and efficient. At one time I was very warm and standing at a table with my friends having a drink and a waitress came over and said you look very warm. How about if I bring you an ice towel? I said that would be great. She did just that. Our room was very neat and clean and the bathroom was well supplied. We had 3 wonderful days there.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business