1,350 results
All reviewstallest buildingthe upper floorstop floorwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetlincoln siteslincoln homeper dayfront desk staffdowntown areafitness centerbeds were comfortablestaff was friendlyindoor poolstarbucksconferencemuseum
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have been staying here for years. Every week I arrive earlier than their posted check-in time of 3 pm. Every week, they accommodate me. My room is always ready and clean. The staff is always great. Everyone greets me by name as I walk through the hotel. It really feels like home. I would never stay anywhere else. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank summer1944
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I don't know what they could have done to makeit any better. Staff was very polite and efficient. At one time I was very warm and standing at a table with my friends having a drink and a waitress came over and said you look very warm. How about if I bring you an ice towel? I said that would be great. She did just that. Our room was very neat and clean and the bathroom was well supplied. We had 3 wonderful days there.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I know there's not a lot to choose from in Springfield, but c'mon! First off, this place was a ghost town. I think I finally saw another guest on the 2nd day I was there. The first room I checked into was dark & depressing, w/ old red carpet full of stains. There were a few newer items in the room, but the furniture & decor were easily circa 1990 at best.

I'm never a fan of walking into a room being greeted by the smell of cleaning solution, covering up years of wear & tear (& smoking). I had to ask to be moved from the first room because it was gross. The second room was minimally better. Fabulous green, sculpted carpet w/ carpet baseboards. The rooms had new flat screen TV's & the bathrooms had been completely remodeled - but were TINY. If you're a fan of the "country" aesthetic, you'll be right at home. If you feel more comfortable in an updated, modern environment, this is not it.

The parking was convenient & $8 a day - the fitness center was actually nice - w/ precor machines (eliptical) & treadmills, free weights & a cable machine - free, wireless internet that was very reliable & pretty speedy.

Ordered room service 1 night - ick. It was very typical, no-frills hotel food. Another night, went downstairs to Bennigans which is attached to the lobby. Also attached to the lobby - Starbucks - very convenient.

Overall, there was some convenience to this hotel. However, I was very uncomfortable in the room - felt like I was in a time warp & in the middle of nowhere. If I ever have to stay in Springfield again (please, no) I will definitely look for something else or pitch a tent.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Travel222Much
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We stayed for 5 nights in Sept, for a large Convention, that I undertand booked out the whole hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The Amtrak & Convention Center is nearby & you can get a shuttle from the Amtrak station, you just need to call ahead.
Our room was on 25th floor so we had a panoramic view. The room was comfortable,clean, tidy & roomy with a king bed. We didn't feel any swaying on the 25th floor, but it could have been due to the time of year we were there as it wasn't windy at all. We did hear the train, everynight, blowing its whistle numerous times, around midnight every night, and it was loud, but it's not the hotel's fault. There was a Bennigans and Starbucks in the lobby area & many of the restaurants/cafes are only open for breakfast and lunch. We are Aussies and we ate at Bennigans one night, so we weren't familair with this food chain. We felt the food was very good & plenty of choices. The hotel doesn't have a pay phone & we bought a phone card from home, as we didn't bring our mobiles from Aust as its too expensive to use. There was free internet on Mezzaine level, but you have to stand to use it as it's like a "hole in the wall", which is okay if you just want to send the odd email or 2 back home. It also could have been free, as the ones in the Business Center had broken down. All in all, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed here for one night as part of our road trip.
Close to the Lincoln Site/home/museums etc so suited us well.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Had a meal in their restaurant which was OK.
Had a room on a high floor so panoramic views.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple