1,384 results
All reviews tallest building top floor breakfast buffet within walking distance lincoln sites lincoln home old state capitol per day front desk staff downtown area room was clean and comfortable staff was friendly starbucks conference banquet museum library
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My wife and I recently traveled to Springfield to celebrate our anniversary. This was our second stay at this hotel, and we really enjoyed it. The folks working in the hotel were nice, the room was clean, and we had no issues/problems with the service.

The hotel is within walking distance of all sorts of Abraham Lincoln-related places, which we visited a year or two back when we had the kids with us. This time around it was just the two of us and we skipped the Lincoln stuff and instead had a nice dinner and enjoyed live Celtic music (and bagpipers!) at a tavern down the street.

Again, we've stayed here twice and had no problems or issues either time. Thumbs up from me.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed here for a fellowship that was taking place at the nearby (and amazing) Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. The company sponsoring the fellowship paid for my room, but if I was paying I would have gone to a different hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean and updated...except the AC. While I was there the heat index was about 100-105 for the whole week. The hotel asks that you keep the AC on "auto" which means that it turns on and off with a loud clank every 10-12 minutes and runs for about 3-4 minutes. It was horrible. I had earplugs in and I still couldn't sleep. I figured out to turn the AC to "on" and that helped, as the change from air to AC isn't as loud, but still exists. I still needed by ear plugs, but at least I could sleep. I am a light sleeper, but this really needs to be fixed.

Something else to keep in mind, the building moves in high winds. I was on the 24th floor and had great views of the city and lanscape, but the swaying and sound of the building moving was a bit strange.

Another thing, if you like variety in your "hotel" breakfast this is a pretty good one. They offered great fresh fruit, hot foods, breads, cereals and a "make your own" waffle. This was a very good breakfast buffet.

I would not recommend this until I know the AC thing has been changed.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank AndreaRae13
Reviewed June 8, 2009

If your going to see all the Lincoln things available in the area this is a great place to stay because of its location. For a Hilton I'd expect free parking and a staff that could answer simple questions - they don't and can't !
Breakfast for two: $26, and nothing special.
The bed and pillows are really great and the room appeared to be clean.

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2009

The location is good. Room is clean and comfortable. Lobby and front desk service is good. But the drawbacks are, no parking(you have to park in the municipal lot paying $8/day), neither complimentary breakfast nor in-room wireless internet( you have to pay $10/day extra for that).

Date of stay: April 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I traveled to Springfield for my graduation from University of Illinois. My entire family stayed at the Hilton, based on my research and the fact that they trust my opinion as a picky traveler.

The Hilton was a pleasant surprise. I typically stay at luxury boutique hotels, but this HIlton was nicer than expected. When I travel to small cities, the hotels are usually dated, but offer good small town service.

The hotel room was obviously renovated recently. Everything was in good shape. There was a flat screen television and nice towels. The linen is important to me.

If you want fine dining, you are out of luck. The hotel offered a Bennigan's restaurant, which makes sense due to the market it serves. I had no idea that the graduation was directly across the street.

I must note that housekeeping at this hotel is excellent and I enjoyed the Lavazza coffee in the guestroom. Some hotels use cheap coffee, so this was a surprise.

The location was also perfect for sightseeing. I took my family to the Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, which was only two blocks away. We also went to Lincoln's home, which was three blocks away. The old state capitol was two blocks away....and more was close by. There was a great art festival that weekend, so my family enjoyed every moment.

There was a Starbucks in the hotel, so I was able to grab a coffee and scone each day. That did the trick each day.

The front desk staff was pleasant and the bellman was excellent. I did not realize that the hotel offered shuttle service, so I paid for a cab to the hotel. It was $10, so not really a big deal. On the return trip to the airport, I used the hotel shuttle service. I was the only guest on the shuttle, so I was able to relax and enjoy the ride through town.

Nice job Hilton! You have a winner in this location. It takes a lot to make my mother happy and boy was she ever!

Date of stay: May 2009