“Great location downtown Springfield. Staff is very kind and helpful. Breakfast buffet in the morning is excellent!”

Wyndham Springfield City Centre
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location downtown Springfield. Staff is very kind and helpful. Breakfast buffet in the morning is excellent! There is a parking surcharge, I stayed during the weekend and parked on the street which is free from Friday 5pm till Monday 7am.

Room Tip: If you smoke, the entire 2nd floor is reserved for smoking rooms. Keep in mind, this is a 30 story...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank chicagocubs2013
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

chicagocubs2013,

Thanks so much for staying with us and posting a review of your stay. I am delighted to hear the our location served your needs. I am more pleased our staff was attentive. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Unusual Hilton - circular tower with rooms all facing out..hard to know what the view was all around but it was pleasant enough
Rooms are showing their age and could do with some remodeling
Convenient and good value
Staff were very attentive and friendly and this made for a pleasant stay

• Stayed: January 2013
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. We are in the process of updating much of our property. The areas not currently under renovation will begin a facelift soon. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. We would love to hear your comments on our improvements.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel did not have the Hilton quality that I expected, especially for the price.

I entered the room and immediately noted that the dresser the television was sitting on was dirty.
There were rings from wet drinks that had been sitting there so I looked over to the table next to it and sure enough it was dirty as well. Cup rings and other yuck that should have been wiped off. When I used the restroom I noticed prior to using the toilet that there was feces on the toilet seat in several spots. YUCK!

The faucet handles on the sink were also not clean and it looked like toothpaste on the faucet itself.

It was late when I got in so I cleaned the toilet seat and covered all areas where I set my things with a towel. The sheets were wrinkled but I believe they were clean.

Not going back there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christan S
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Christan S,

I apologize we disappointed you. When you check in to our hotel, your room is expected to be clean. I am thankful you brought this to our attention. You have my promise that we will address everything you have outlined here. Please contact me the next time you are in town. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the accommodations you expect.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed in the Hilton for a wedding there in December. The staff was fantastic. Early check in was no problem. The wedding was great and the staff working the wedding was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding and the service in the breakfast area was also outstanding. Overall great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

stltravlers2,

We are glad you had a wonderful time at the wedding. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

As a government employee I travel pretty frequently for my cases. January 4, 2013 I had reservations for the Springfield Hilton. I was unable to make it down to Springfield because I was very sick. I thought I could stick it out but, later that afternoon I called to cancel. After being on hold for about 15 minutes I was told that I will be charged the full amount unless I provide a doctors note. First of all, this isnt elementary school. I dont go to the doctor everytime I get sick. Second of all a government employee should not be questioned. The operator or whoever she was gave me the main line to the place, and then with attitude from a gentlemen that answered the phone told me to call back on Monday because there is only a manager there Mon-Fri from 8-1 that handles these problems. Im sorry but since when is there a manager that only works from 8-1 mon-fri?? Needless to say I have been charged the full amount. I have made this hotel clear to my cheif NOT to recommend this hotel to any of our agents around the Springfield area and I have done the same to our Chicago agents for any of our trips down south in the future.. It would be reasonable for a cancellation fee like MOST hotels but the full charge of the room plus taxes is unacceptable!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brlanha

brianha,

I would like to apologize if there was any confusion or misunderstanding regarding the cancellation of your reservation and make myself available should you need further clarification. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here and were very pleased with the hotel. Our King room was large and very comfortable. Room service was prompt and the food very good. We also ate in the restaurant and it was equally good. Our only complaint about the hotel was that when we checked in there was only one front desk person to take care of a line of 8-10 people checking in. My guess is this was an unusual circumstance. Everyone was friendly and the hotel very clean.

The location is another story. There are very limited eating establishments in the area and the surrounding residential area (within a mile) is a little seedy and not some place I would want to drive around at night. The area is apparently the older part of town and run down. Low end stores and little of interest to a tourist or traveler. If this hotel was on the west end of town, I'd stay here every time hands down.

Stayed: February 2012
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Theresa H,

Thank you for writing a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The next time you are in town, please ask the Front Desk to direct you to wonderful boutiques and restaurants within safe walking distance from the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was there on business for one night and was very happy with the choice to stay here. The room was clean, the internet was free and fast, and there was plenty nearby to see. The views from the upper floors are great. The bar at the top floor was still going strong at midnight which was nice to see. I would stay here again if ever in town.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jroed

jroed,

Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful review. Please come and stay with us again soon.