Wyndham Springfield City Centre
Mansion View Inn(Springfield)
State House Inn(Springfield)
Shamrock Motel(Springfield)
1,303 results
All reviewstallest buildingthe upper floorstop floorbreakfast buffetlincoln siteswithin walking distancelincoln homestate capitolper dayfront desk staffdowntown arearoom was clean and comfortablefitness centerstaff was friendlyindoor poolstarbucksconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We booked the A-Z Lincoln Package. For the price, this was an excellent value. Hotel is clean. Bottled water is free in the room. Beds are comfortable. Walking distance to Lincoln sites and short distance from others if you drive. Pool is small, but fine for little kids. We would stay here again (we booked for state fair). Don't know what the negative reviews are about.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We found the this hotel to be staffed by reasonably friendly people - especially the guy at the information desk near the main door. The room was very clean, fresh and looked like it had been recently updated. The beds were comfy - and the best part: the view from the 23rd floor! This feature alone was worth spending a little more for our short (2-night) stay!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We just stayed at the Hilton Springfield for a New Year's Eve bash. While the experience overall was ok (the celebration was pretty fun), please be advised that if you stay here during a windy time, you won't get any sleep! The wind evidently causes the elevators to sway making a constant creaking noise. During high elevator usage times, it is even worse. I woke up at 6am to use the restroom and was not able to go back to sleep. What was supposed to be a relaxing, fun getaway for New Year's Eve, turned out to be not quite so relaxing.
If you are planning to stay here the front desk said that rooms 1 and 18 of each floor get the worst noise because they are so close to the elevators. Basically, the only thing they could do was offer earplugs and their apologies and she said if we moved, we would have the same problem.
Needless to say, I WILL NOT be staying there again! They did not even offer to give us any kind of compensation so in my opinion, they didn't even seem to care. They got our money for the bash and that is all they cared about.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank Stephlyn14
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I was staying at the hotel for just one night, thankfully, whilst attending a weekend seminar.

Firstly, I need to do some more research on the booking website, but I remember reading a parking fee both for "self parking" and one for "valet parking". Anyway, once I had finally found the hotel in the maze of roads, and pulled up to the main entrance, only then did I see a sign to park in the Municipal car park just around the corner. No "valet" in sight, or doorman for that matter, so, once more round the block and in. I think they could have made the parking issue a bit clearer on their webpage!

Check in was quick, mainly because there was no one else there. Up to the 26th floor for my room.

The rooms are very well appointed. I'm not too fussy about hyper cleanliness, and hence this passed muster easily. The bed, for me, was extremely comfortable and the pillows, delighful. I also really liked the coffee machine in the room which was the "single/two cup" direct brew system with coffee pods. It meant as a single traveller I had lots of options, plus they had been thoughtful eneough to supply two bottles of water plus "to go" cups with lids. Nice touch!

Then up to the 30th floor for dinner at "Capisce's" restaurant. FIrstly, I was a bit suspicious as the place was near empty at 7.00pm. The view is great overlooking Illinois capital city. I sat down and ordered crab cakes and lasagne, but asked for the latter to come much later, when I asked for it as I had a good book,.....yes, a sad "single" traveller.....and wasn't too hungry. I was surprised when the monstrous crab cakes came about 3 minutes later. I commented on the speed however, upon dissecting the crab cakes they were stone cold on the inside. Not being a fussy eater, and as they tasted great, I devoured them but suggested the waitress mention to the chef they may need a few more watts of energy next time. I proceed to enjoy my book and wine, and was patiently checked upon by the waitress. Finally, so as not to concern her further I asked for the lasagne. What came up was a cremated offering which had obviously been under some form of grill for about 3 days by the looks of it. I decided not to complain as the waitress was patient and skulked off to my room.

Then to bed. Now, on the 26th floor you would think that one would be somewhat immune from noise however I swear, every hour, on the hour, a train came through town, horn blaring making it impossible for me to sleep more than 50 minutes at a time. To add to that, the plumbing was as noisy as heck making everyone elses ablutions abundantly clear.

Breakfast the next day was quite adequate. My room came with a complementary ticket. A colleague who attended the same conference with his wife informed me that he recieved 3 tickets only after having booked the room for 3 days resulting in him having to pay for one person each day.....a bit cheesy in my mind. The service in the restuarant was quite good.

Final whine. Why do hotels like this insist on charging people $10 for internet per day????? Come on guys, get with it! We are paying $140 a day for the hotel.....chuck in the complimentary internet will you?????

If I do have another trip to Springfield, I think I'll look for a hotel/motel a little further out of town, away from that darned train driver and his air horn.!!!! I'll miss the bed, but not much else I'm afraid!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank PeoriaBrit
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I'm here on business and unfortunately this is the only hotel w/ better beds. The housekeeping needs to do better job w/ daily cleaning of the bathrooms.

I been here since the middle of the year on and off, so I'm @ the gold status. You would think they automatically upgrade my room to the gold member floor but of course that doesn't happen here. It's like luck of the draw, if you get the one and only friendly front desk check in, you don't have to tell them anything. Otherwise be warned how rude these front desk check in people are.

I asked the front desk if I can get ONE .41cents stamp, she said "NO, you can try the gift shop." Come on, I'm staying for 10 nights @ $119 per night + $7 parking and I can't even get ONE .41cents stamp. I go to the gift shop they ran out...told me to walk 2 blocks to the post office. You think if I wanted to do that in the first place I would have??

Bottom line...if you want friendly or even basic service don't expect much from these people. Someone needs to retrain these people to understand what true customer service means!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank peccle168