1,355 results
All reviewstallest buildingthe upper floorstop floorwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetlincoln siteslincoln homeper dayfront desk staffdowntown areabeds were comfortablefitness centerstaff was friendlyindoor poolstarbucksconferencemuseum
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We just stayed at the Hilton Springfield for a New Year's Eve bash. While the experience overall was ok (the celebration was pretty fun), please be advised that if you stay here during a windy time, you won't get any sleep! The wind evidently causes the elevators to sway making a constant creaking noise. During high elevator usage times, it is even worse. I woke up at 6am to use the restroom and was not able to go back to sleep. What was supposed to be a relaxing, fun getaway for New Year's Eve, turned out to be not quite so relaxing.
If you are planning to stay here the front desk said that rooms 1 and 18 of each floor get the worst noise because they are so close to the elevators. Basically, the only thing they could do was offer earplugs and their apologies and she said if we moved, we would have the same problem.
Needless to say, I WILL NOT be staying there again! They did not even offer to give us any kind of compensation so in my opinion, they didn't even seem to care. They got our money for the bash and that is all they cared about.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank Stephlyn14
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I was staying at the hotel for just one night, thankfully, whilst attending a weekend seminar.

Firstly, I need to do some more research on the booking website, but I remember reading a parking fee both for "self parking" and one for "valet parking". Anyway, once I had finally found the hotel in the maze of roads, and pulled up to the main entrance, only then did I see a sign to park in the Municipal car park just around the corner. No "valet" in sight, or doorman for that matter, so, once more round the block and in. I think they could have made the parking issue a bit clearer on their webpage!

Check in was quick, mainly because there was no one else there. Up to the 26th floor for my room.

The rooms are very well appointed. I'm not too fussy about hyper cleanliness, and hence this passed muster easily. The bed, for me, was extremely comfortable and the pillows, delighful. I also really liked the coffee machine in the room which was the "single/two cup" direct brew system with coffee pods. It meant as a single traveller I had lots of options, plus they had been thoughtful eneough to supply two bottles of water plus "to go" cups with lids. Nice touch!

Then up to the 30th floor for dinner at "Capisce's" restaurant. FIrstly, I was a bit suspicious as the place was near empty at 7.00pm. The view is great overlooking Illinois capital city. I sat down and ordered crab cakes and lasagne, but asked for the latter to come much later, when I asked for it as I had a good book,.....yes, a sad "single" traveller.....and wasn't too hungry. I was surprised when the monstrous crab cakes came about 3 minutes later. I commented on the speed however, upon dissecting the crab cakes they were stone cold on the inside. Not being a fussy eater, and as they tasted great, I devoured them but suggested the waitress mention to the chef they may need a few more watts of energy next time. I proceed to enjoy my book and wine, and was patiently checked upon by the waitress. Finally, so as not to concern her further I asked for the lasagne. What came up was a cremated offering which had obviously been under some form of grill for about 3 days by the looks of it. I decided not to complain as the waitress was patient and skulked off to my room.

Then to bed. Now, on the 26th floor you would think that one would be somewhat immune from noise however I swear, every hour, on the hour, a train came through town, horn blaring making it impossible for me to sleep more than 50 minutes at a time. To add to that, the plumbing was as noisy as heck making everyone elses ablutions abundantly clear.

Breakfast the next day was quite adequate. My room came with a complementary ticket. A colleague who attended the same conference with his wife informed me that he recieved 3 tickets only after having booked the room for 3 days resulting in him having to pay for one person each day.....a bit cheesy in my mind. The service in the restuarant was quite good.

Final whine. Why do hotels like this insist on charging people $10 for internet per day????? Come on guys, get with it! We are paying $140 a day for the hotel.....chuck in the complimentary internet will you?????

If I do have another trip to Springfield, I think I'll look for a hotel/motel a little further out of town, away from that darned train driver and his air horn.!!!! I'll miss the bed, but not much else I'm afraid!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank PeoriaBrit
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I'm here on business and unfortunately this is the only hotel w/ better beds. The housekeeping needs to do better job w/ daily cleaning of the bathrooms.

I been here since the middle of the year on and off, so I'm @ the gold status. You would think they automatically upgrade my room to the gold member floor but of course that doesn't happen here. It's like luck of the draw, if you get the one and only friendly front desk check in, you don't have to tell them anything. Otherwise be warned how rude these front desk check in people are.

I asked the front desk if I can get ONE .41cents stamp, she said "NO, you can try the gift shop." Come on, I'm staying for 10 nights @ $119 per night + $7 parking and I can't even get ONE .41cents stamp. I go to the gift shop they ran out...told me to walk 2 blocks to the post office. You think if I wanted to do that in the first place I would have??

Bottom line...if you want friendly or even basic service don't expect much from these people. Someone needs to retrain these people to understand what true customer service means!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank peccle168
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We stayed here for a weekend to do Lincoln Stuff. I was wary of staying here based on the feedback but I found the hotel to be perfect for us. The staff was friendly and helped with anything we asked from directions to reservations. The rooms were comfortable and looked recently redecorated. We were in walking distance of all the sights and all the restaurants and a bellman helped us locate a bowling alley, too. We were alloted two free breakfast passes for each night we stayed and it worked out to be enough for all of us to go once. The weekend breakfast buffet featured lots of cereals and fresh fruit as well as a great selection of breads. The hot food items were so-so but they did the trick. I think this a great place to do all the traditional Springfield activites and we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Rashaun S
Reviewed August 31, 2007

On a bus tour from Chicago area to Springfield we stayed at the downtown Hilton Hotel Thursday night, August 30th. Assigned to room 310, we found housekeeping and routine maintenance to be sadly lacking. An end hook was not in place securiing the sheer curtain behind the drapery at one of the windows, causing the curtain to obviously sag on that side. There was one large gouge in the wallpaper in the room's hallway near the dresser and several lesser defects in the wallpaper in other locations. The mirror above the dresser was not straight, and lamp shades were askew. Water pressure in both the sink and the shower was very low. There were spider webs and spiders visible in the bathroom light fixture above the mirror. The television made intermittent "zapping" noise and maintenance was notified. They responded in a timely fashion and suggested that it was possibly ham operator or other interference; however the noise was consistent throughout all channels, not just cable. Glad we were only there for one night!